The IT Director role will feel like a start up in many ways, working side by side with business colleagues, helping to shape technology strategy and direction, whilst at the same time being hands on and helping to resolve technology issues as they arise.
The role will act as the technology lead in the region, shaping priorities for Group and ensuring that regional offices are aligned to group strategy.
A global investment manager in London.
- Working closely with the staff members within their London and their region to ensure their IT is running smoothly
- Working with head office to highlight gaps and issues and ensure improvement initiatives are prioritised
- Keeping business colleagues locally informed on current state, progress and ensuring feedback is being fed back to group
- The IT Director will provide context and direction on progress in the region, business priorities and opportunities to deliver value add technology capabilities
- Managing a team locally that is responsible for resolving day to day issues on the floor. These will be wide and varied, from system outages to performance issues on the network
- Being hands on as needed. There will be days where you will only have time to respond to transactional business requests. Examples include laptop issues, builds, mobile connectivitiy
- Working with partners locally to ensure the right levels of service are being delivery, holding our vendor partners to account and ensuring cover across gaps in service levels
- Acting as a change champion for new technology initiatives, whether being driven from group or locally
- Acting as a coach for our business colleagues, opening up discussions on new technologies, ways of working and helping to unlock opportunities through technology
- Lead larger Technology projects, or sourcing teams locally where demand requires. Examples include office moves, office uplifts, technology uplifts or executing on strategies
- Liasie with senior stakeholders in the region to describe the technology strategy overall, getting feedback, and ensuring that staff in the region are being appropriately informed
- Working closely with regional risk teams to ensure an excellent Risk mindset is at the fore of everything we do in the region
- Keeping abreast of technology trends in financial services
- Financial Services experience ideally investment management
- Operating at IT Director or SMT level but still in a hands on capacity
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent leadership skills, both in terms of leading teams and leading by example
- Experience working in deep technology roles, for example networks, infrastructure engineering, workplace technologies or software development
- Passion for learning and challenging status quo
- Working with and managing vendors experience desirable
A unique opportunity to join a firm on an upward trajectory and contribute a be part of that success.
Having a learning mindset will be key as the role develops into an advisory role that can support business investment strategies across a range of portfolios and asset types.
Upper quartile reward scheme.