Head of HR
1 day left
Your new company
Our client, International Bank located in the West End, London is looking for a Head of HR to join the firm. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the HR function in UK, including its overseas Branches whilst working closely with the board and taking a lead on all strategic people initiatives for the firm.
This is a permanent role, reporting to the CEO with a basic salary of up to £95,000 plus bonus and benefits.
Your new role:
- Lead on all HR strategic initiatives assigned by the CEO and Senior management team
- Line management responsibility for the HR team of 3
- Work in conjunction with line Managers, to identify and implement training needs of the staff
- Work with Senior Management and provide advice and guidance on all Employee Relations matters such as grievances and disciplinary issues etc.
- Ensure all HR policies and procedures of the Bank are up to date and in line with the current employment law Implement HR policies including staff welfare policies, remuneration and benefits and ensure line
- Managers are up to date with changes in HR policies
- Monitor job evaluation and oversee the annual performance appraisal programme and variable compensation to staff members
- Assist the CEO with his responsibility for the banks performance and obligation under SMR and ECR
- In consultation with Senior Management, prepare annual staff strength and arrange its approval from the HR&R Committee and manage HR resourcing
- Complete and submit applications to the FCA/PRA for obtaining regulatory approvals for the Directors and staff members falling in the Senior Manager Regime
- Complete the prescribe form and submit notification of appointment of Non-Executive Directors to PRA
- Submit Form C to FCA relating to ceasing to perform controlled functions by an approved person (SMF holder) Completion of Fit and Propriety tests for all Senior Managers (SMRs) and Certification Regime
- Staff Sign off on monthly Payroll
- Annual review to update staff handbook and arrange approval of the updating form HR&R Committee/ Board of Directors Other projects / assignments as assigned from time to time by the CEO / HR&R Committee
What you'll need to succeed:
- Previous experience working as a Head of HR for a SME sized bank or Financial Services firm (must)
- Proven experience working with the CEO and board level executives on all HR related matters
- Experience in working in an ambiguous environment with change
- Ability adapt to a fast-paced environment where change, resilience and flexibility is crucial
- Proven ability to apply judgement and decision making in new situations
- Ability to build strong relationships and at the same time challenge the status quo, impact and influence senior stakeholders
- Diligent attitude and approach to ensure delivery of the best results every time
- Happy to roll up sleeves and get involved and turn hand to any task
- Working knowledge of UK legislation will be a must
What you'll get in return
Along with a competitive compensation package, you will have the ability to join this International Firm to drive HR people strategy forward for the firm - lots of scope to really make a positive impact.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Head of HR
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly