Head of Data Governance
Head of Data Enablement
125 working days
Start date ASAP
The role of the Head of Data Enablement is to provide vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the client's data and information strategy. You will be responsible for embedding the use of customer data and information across multi-billion pound business, reporting to the Director, Data, Insights and Analytics.
As a digital business, We need to balance the tension between using customer data to deliver more relevant experiences and minimising reputational risks whilst building trust. Our strategy is to put ‘Data at the Core' of the business.
The Head of Data Enablement leads and monitors the implementation of the strategy, through the Customer Data Council, whilst continuing to bring fresh new thinking, ideas and best practice to ensure it remains relevant and future proofed.
It is a high profile role that works closely with key executive stakeholders including the Chief Marketing Officer, General Council, Data Protection Officer, Chief Information Officer, and the Chief Data and Analytics Officer.
The Role holder will be responsible for :
- Overall delivery of the data and information strategy, including principles - providing change leadership to ensure commitments are driven forward and met across the individual directorates requiring the development of a strong engagement strategy across the business.
- Driving activities relating to General Data Protection Regulation and maximising Marketing Consent, within the statutory limits imposed.
- Acting as the ‘go to' person for guidance and subject matter expertise on data and information related matters, in partnership with the Legal Data Protection Officer, and as the business customer of the Head of Data in IT.
- Understanding the external information environment and working with external bodies, bringing that thinking so adapting the strategy as appropriate.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with functional experts on (relevant) discussions with industry, regulatory and security bodies including but not restricted to Ofcom and Governments either directly or in alliance with relevant internal parties e.g. Public Affairs, Regulatory.
- Working with the UK Strategy team to develop the UK information strategy and recommend proposals to the UK Opcomm for approval.
- The job holder will also act as the TUK Chief Privacy Officer
- Senior experienced individual who has excellent understanding of technical discipline about data privacy and governance
- You need to be able to translate that into meaningful business for the business leaders
- Abel to work works closely with key executive stakeholders, business leader and Technology team
- Deep understanding of GDPR
- You are pragmatic in terms of execution