Head of FM Engineering
Job Title: Head of FM Engineering
Location: Portsmouth area2. Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- An industry recognised electrical or mechanical engineering qualification within the built environment (HNC, HND or equivalent vocational qualification)
- Member of a Facilities Management related professional body (e.g. BIFM / RICS)
- Health and Safety training i.e. IOSH Managing Safely, CITB SMSTS or CSCS or equivalent
- Hold, have held or eligible to apply for security clearance
- Experience of managing hard services and asset management across a national multi-service, multi-site, Facilities Management contract(s).
- Experience of managing hard FM services across a multi-service, multi-site, Facilities Management contract.
- Membership of related professional bodies such as CIBSE
- IET, CEng, CBIFM, or equivalent technical accreditation / membership.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience of managing Maintenance programmes within commercial or government asset portfolios
- Experience / knowledge of creating and implementing Estate and Asset Strategies
- Experience / knowledge of creating and implementing maintenance strategies including Condition Based Monitoring, Run-to-Fail, vibration analysis etc
- Experience / knowledge of Building Management Systems and strategies to use BMS in the built environment.
- Experience in planning programmes of work for maintenance, lifecycle and change
- Experience in project handover's / Soft Landings
- Experience with or good understanding of ISO55001
- Experience of Building Information Management (BIM) and Asset Management systems
- Knowledge of new technologies including utilising the Internet of Things in the FM arena
- Knowledge of Space Utilisation
- Proven track record in the management of Asset data bases and CAFM Systems
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing Health, Safety and Environment management systems
- Commercially aware with good negotiating skills
- Excellent client facing skills with the confidence to deal with people at all levels
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate a team to meet objectives
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a wider team
- Good communication, numeracy and presentation skills
- Proven ability to deal with change
- Excellent written communication skills including report writing
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven financial and commercial awareness
- Be able to successfully manage time, plans and other related tasks
- Be able to continuously meet targets and surpass expectations
- An eye for detail and technically minded
- Proven history of delivering FM operations to budget/time, and delivering measurable and sustainable savings across multiple Facilities Management categories in a complex real estate environment.
- Proven experience in of working in Facilities Management in the Public Sector.
- Previous experience of managing an operational facilities supply chain function
- Proven success in driving value for money and quality improvements through the supply chain
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation, delivered through a client facing role.
- An effective time manager with the ability to multi-task.
- Team player, able to work on own initiative.
- Approachable individual with a professional manner
- Methodical in approach to tasks
- PC literate with PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Full security clearance, or be in a position to obtain security clearance
The Head of FM Technical Services is responsible for overseeing all elements of Hard FM and Asset Management services to the various customers within the contract. The role is responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for the strategic and daily management of the Engineering and Hard Facilities Management including building fabric, hard services, BMS, Asset management strategy,
- Review existing services, capital plans, specifications, processes, and productivity levels, to secure and increase the efficient use of resources / generation of savings as well as ensuring they are aligned with the client's Hard FM / engineering strategy.
- Performance analysis of assets and review of cost of planned versus reactive maintenance, space optimisation and benchmarking internally and externally
- Reviewing and managing maintenance strategies to M&E plant & equipment
- Acceptance into service of new and refurbished Assets including use of Government Soft Landings and BSRIA Soft Landings
- Production of business cases and investment proposals including providing the necessary technical and pricing information to support the Commercial Manager in implementing the change process
- Provide technical advice to client, suppliers and KBR staff, whilst ensuring all engineering related matters noted are closed in a structured and timely manner.
- Review and assessment of latest technology to support the maintenance and investment strategy
- Management of business processes and their operation
- Responsible for ensuring PPM, Legislative and Statutory compliance
- Managing the different maintenance obligations for leased assets and disposals
- Manage and maintain the Estate Team's technical library
- Oversee the development of staff to enhance the performance and capability of staff
- Ensure compliance with KBR's management procedures and processes.
- Provide concise reports to the client on all Asset and Maintenance issues
- Identify and carry out option appraisals on under-performing properties and analyse spend data on all maintenance cycles to continually improve processes.
- Regular monitoring of Supplier performance against the applicable benchmarked criteria and KPIs
- Working with Suppliers to identify actions to address areas of poor performance, ensuring actions are logged on to SharePoint and monitoring their effective implementation
- Identify positive / negative trends in performance and continuous improvement opportunities to reduce cost, improve quality and performance and take proactive corrective action where necessary
- Ensure Supplier service level agreements are in place and reviewed and updated on a monthly basis
- Ensuring continuity of supply and managing Supply Chain risk in co-operation with the procurement function.
- Ensuring that all of the FM Supply Chain are contractually compliant
- Address statutory compliance obligations and in particularly health & safety obligations to minimise the risk of failure
- Ensure compliance with any applicable KBR or client procedures e.g. the audit and verification process, security and access requirements etc.
- Provide market leading advice to customers to identify opportunities for innovation, improvement and cost reduction
- Provide feedback on handover documents (Operation and Maintenance manuals, Asset Registers, Planned Maintenance Schedules etc).
- Review and provide feedback on Suppliers tender documents (ITT/PQQ)
- Leadership - sees the bigger picture/interpret strategy, leads by example, motivates others, makes decisions, initiates action, takes responsibility
- Communication and influencing - establishes communication channels, actively listens, clarifies, gives/seeks feedback, clear and concise, persuasive/negotiates with others
- People Management - fosters team/individual performance, achieves results, sets targets and reviews against them, leads, motivates and empowers others, deals with issues, coaches and encourages others
- Organisational skills - plans well in advance, sets clear objectives, manages time/delegates, reviews progress against plan, ensures sufficient resources, encourages improvements,
- Commercial and Financial awareness - effective financial management, maximises use of resources, identifies business opportunities
- Results orientation - satisfies internal/external customers, effective performance management, addresses cross functional issues and technical issues, knowledge of systems and processes
- Interpersonal skills - builds positive relationships, demonstrates emotionally stability, confident in own ability, approachable to all staff, shows respect and tolerance
- Values - lives and endorses the company values