Financial Controller - certified
Al Rayan Bank is a growing, ethical and incredibly diverse bank based in new offices in the leafy suburb of Edgbaston, a stone's throw away from central Birmingham. As part of the Masraf Al Rayan Group which is the 2nd largest bank in Qatar, we've got exciting growth plans and aim to deliver a professional, first class service to our customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing bank where we can offer exceptional opportunities for you to make your mark and progress your career in a diverse, ethical bank that you can believe in.
Purpose of the role:
The Financial Controller (FC) will play a key part as a member of the senior management team of the bank. As a leader within our Finance department reporting into the CFO you will oversee the development, implementation and management of the Finance function. This will include financial controls, frameworks, services, policies and processes in line with compliance requirements and good financial practice of the finance functions:
- Financial and management accounting
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Banking payments
- Payroll management
- Tax management
- Treasury and Bank/third party reconciliation
Through your expertise and as part of your continued development you will be given the opportunity to contribute to strategic thinking and business debate beyond your immediate area of responsibility.
Competencies, skills, knowledge and experience include:
- Knowledge of the UK banking/financial/regulatory sector.
- Recent Financial Control experience including P&L management.
- Experience of improving controls and processes.
- Proven track record in a stand-alone high level financial control role.
- Provide clear financial direction, oversight to ensure financial compliance.
- Proven track record or leading, motivating and developing people/teams.
- Experience overseeing and managing third party relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication, facilitation skills.
- The ability to present confidently and to engage & manage stakeholders.
- Competence in developing effective relationships at all levels.
- Ability to diagnose & resolve issues and manage from inception to completion.
- The ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability and willingness to adopt a flexible approach to address specific demands
Desirable, not essential
Understanding of Islamic Finance
Academic and/or professional qualifications
Qualified Accountant with substantial PQE experience
Certification Regime - Conduct Rules
The role will be subject to the PRA/FCA Senior Managers and Certification Regime. The Bank has classified the role as certified under the Certification regime. You are expected to comply with the PRA and FCA Conduct Rules and your performance and competence will be measured accordingly.
Closing date 21st March 2019 - Please note due to volume of applications this may change.