Group Financial Reporting Manager
Goodman Masson are working with a FTSE listed Oil Business in London in seeking a strong qualified accountant to join their Head Office as a Group Financial Reporting Manager.
Our client are a market leader in their region and revenue and profit were up from 2017 as they continued their growth as the oil and gas market grows.
This role reports into the Group Financial Controller and the purpose is to manage the Group Finance Reporting team in providing monthly and year-end financial consolidated results and reporting.
The role is a high profile position with daily interaction with the CFO and the Business Units globally.
The role will manage a team of 3 and will involve a diverse range of responsibilities in addition to the core reporting duties and these will involve dealing with Investor Relations, Analyst reports, disposals and capital market transactions.
- Responsibility for the preparation of the monthly consolidated reporting and ensuring adherence with current Company guidelines and accounting policies as well as recommended accounting practice.
- Ownership of the administration of the financial consolidation system and monthly close activities.
- Working with the Business Unit finance teams in resolving any issues or queries and in ensuring the monthly consolidation is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop technical research, drafting and preparation of Group Accounting policies and procedures for review by senior management and audit committee
- Manage the coordination and preparation of the Year end and interim Group financial reporting, owning the relationship with the Group's auditors
- Manage the Group statutory account process
- Support CFO and Investor Relations with detailed understanding of the Group's financial results and forecast
- Assist with one-off business transactions and projects as required such as capital markets transactions, M&A and disposals
- Manage the Financial Reporting team of three supporting their development
The successful candidate will be a degree qualified and ACA Chartered Accountant with significant PQE and relevant industry experience and have:
- Excellent financial accountant with proven track record with strong technical accounting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS
- Experience in the Oil and Gas accounting either industry or Big 4
- Strong MS Office skills
- Experience of ERP systems preferable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and adept at interacting with individuals at all levels in the organisation.
- Excellent time management skills - ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under time pressure.
- Good stakeholder management
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who is either in industry or already at Senior Manager level in a Big 4 practice firm.
The package on offer is exceptional with a strong base salary, bonus up to 30%, pension, share scheme, free gym and a market leading flexible working scheme.