Head of Compliance and Operational Risk
Russam GMS is working with a medium sized insurance company based in the Northern Home Counties, who have been providing great value, high quality insurance to its members and their families for over 100 years.
Role & Responsibilities
The Head of Compliance and Operational Risk will monitor and manage the Company operational risk management and Compliance framework, working closely with the business and interacting with many stakeholders, and assist th FD and CEO on all compliance and regulatory matters as required.
The Head of Compliance and Operational Risk will be responsible for these areas:
- Operational Risk Management
- Compliance and Regulatory Management
- Company Secretariat
- Internal Audit
Key parts of the role:
- As a key member of the Risk Working Group you will own, develop and maintain the Company operational risk management framework and ensure appropriate governance in place
- Develop and maintain the Company risk register and risk appetite
- Produce monthly reports for management and quarterly reports for the Risk committee.
- Own, develop and maintain the Company compliance framework including the conduct risk policies and ensure appropriate governance in place, ensuing the Company complies with all the Insurance regulatory and legal requirements to act as a mutual insurer
- Ownership of the definition of conduct risk and review as required with the Executive and Board
- Responsibility for the provision of the required regulatory training including the code of conduct roll out
- Own, maintain and develop the Company breach, complaints and incident reporting; including building relationships with the business to ensure that all necessary incidents are notified to Compliance for review
- Own, maintain and develop the Company compliance and conduct risk policies and procedures
- Work with the internal audit function to agree and manage the annual audit plan
- Produce monthly MI reports for management and quarterly reports for the Risk committee
- Oversight the collation and update of the Board and Committee packs for the quarterly Board cycles, as well as another other ad hoc Board meetings
- Ensure all company secretarial processes are in place to ensure smooth running of Board and Committee cycles
- Ownership of internal audit
The Desired Applicant
The Head of Compliance and Operational Risk will have the following:
- Substantial experience in operational risk and compliance within the UK Insurance industry
- Produced Board level written reports
- Reviewed and analysed operational/regulatory processes and controls
- Excellent Leadership ability, delivering feedback effectively and constructively is desirable
- Have acted as a Compliance business partner to senior executives within an organisation.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent relationship building and maintaining skills
- ICA Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance (or equivalent)
- Diploma in Insurance CII
How to Apply
Interested applicants should log in / register and upload an up to date CV. No other documents are required at this stage.