Fund Accountant - Real Estate
Our client is a global alternative asset investor with successful growth to date. They are recruiting for a Fund Accountant to join their European Real Estate team, reporting directly to the Finance Director.
The finance team is flat and report directly into the FD. The role's core responsibility will be to support the Fund Controllers on a broad range of duties.
There will be external administrators that prepare fund accounts, and so this role would also be to liaise with administrators and review the statements.
Other tasks include:
- Overseeing the calculation of property performance, AUM, NAV, management fees, performance fees and cost recharges;
- Providing deal support including financial analysis and execution of deal cashflows;
- Monitoring cash and manage cash distribution process;
- Contributing to the valuation process;
- Maintaining fund models and proving scenario/sensitivity analysis;
- Supporting the budgeting and forecasting process;
- Supporting risk management processes; and
- Supporting the treasury and deal team in relation to debt facilities.
The client has stated that previous real estate experience is key. The incumbent must have had previous real estate experience, whether as audit clients or working within the industry.
Other essential requirements states the candidate must:
- Be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent);
- Possess strong academics, preferably a degree from a top tier university;
- Possess a strong understanding of real estate and ideally with funds;
- Have a strong interest in alternative assets/investment funds;
- Be a strong team-player and able to work well in a flat structure;
- Be adaptable and driven to succeed in a fund accounting role; and
- Feel comfortable interacting in a highly professional capacity with internal and external stakeholders.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Maxine Nhin: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MN50199.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.