Analyst, Group FP&A
Our client is a leader in its field, with a highly recognisable brand and a track record of providing customers with a range of leading products, through a traditional retail model as well as via digital channels. The group operates in dozens of countries around the world and is well placed to build on its successes to date.
Working in a dedicated FP&A team and based in the London HQ, the key purpose of the role is to provide financial planning and analysis support to the business. The FP&A team supports the Senior Management Team (SMT) and their respective business functions, allowing them to better understand business performance and to shape and develop future plans.
The candidate will act as a business partner with other finance departments across the Group, ensuring the delivery of value added financial planning.
Key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
Key Tasks in the Role
- Work closely with the business to understand and provide insight on monthly performance
- Support the preparation of SMT reports for each Region, including overview of financial results and analysis for the SMT
- Prepare flash reports to determine current costs, providing review and challenge and presenting the key drivers
- Quarterly forecasting and budgeting, presenting to appropriate management, discussing proposals and preparing summarised forecasts for the SMT. Work with the business to review, challenge and refine forecasts and budgets
- Ensure that meaningful variance analysis compared to budgets and re-forecasts is provided to the SMT
- Prepare monthly Group CapEx reports, providing insight and supporting wider corporate policy
- Ad-hoc analysis to provide insight to the SMT and to support the overall goals and priorities of the FP&A team
- Build relationships across the Group to support all aspects of business analysis, reporting and planning, allowing a better understanding of the drivers of performance, providing challenge and prompting debate
- Consistently deliver high quality output to inform decision making
- Proactively contribute to increased efficiency of processes, delivering improvements and establishing new processes
- Respond to business needs and changes in priorities, working to incorporate additional ad hoc requests as required
Successful candidates will require a professional accounting qualification, with this role being well suited to individuals seeking a move away from a public practice environment. Other skills and experience include:
- Analytical and planning skills combined with a foundation in accounting and controls
- Proven understanding of reporting and planning processes
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders at varying management levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with particular attention to detail
- Effective planning and organisation skills, with the ability to work using initiative and prioritising workload
- Strong written communication skills to ensure impact when presenting information
- Excellent team player
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Exposure to sophisticated financial consolidation and management information systems will be advantageous
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, send your CV by clicking "Apply"quoting reference AS49984.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe.