Financial Planning and Analysis Manager (Full-Time / Permanent)
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a leading international conservation, science and education charity. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries around the world and through education and engagement at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
This senior, high profile role will lead the business planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting across ZSL. As the organisation develops its ten year business plan, the role holder will be responsible for developing and operating a financial model to support the strategic business planning process. The role holder will use the finance model, in conjunction with the leadership team, to recommend targets, formulate the business's medium to long term financial plan, test scenarios and determine relevant performance indicators which will be monitored to ensure delivery of the strategy is on track.
The role will use commercial acumen and various analytics to provide financial analysis and insight into business performance to support decision making processes and make recommendations to the leadership team for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and the efficient streamlining of operations.
A key part of this role will be to develop and embed a financial performance management system across ZSL. This will involve, in conjunction with the leadership team, setting, reporting and monitoring appropriate financial KPI’s. To support this, a new reporting framework will need to be developed to ensure that each relevant audience (e.g. Exco, F&GPC, Council, ZAC, staff forum etc.) receives reports that are relevant, appropriate and informative to meet their needs. This will involve developing and embedding full economic costing for the delivery units of ZSL.
The role holder will lead and develop the business partnering team (currently three team members) and will work directly with senior stakeholders across the business. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious FP&A Manager to take on a strategic role in a fascinating organisation which is developing its ten year business plan to deliver its new strategy.
The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified accountant (either ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with excellent leadership and management skills and must have proven experience of:
- Financial modelling and developing strategic business plans at a senior level in an organisation
- Leading and managing forecasting and budgeting processes
- Designing reporting frameworks and KPI dashboards
- Leading a financial performance management process
- Leading, managing and motivating a high performing team
- Business partnering
The following skills and abilities are essential:
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to think strategically
- Ability to provide insight from financial and non financial data
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to present financial information in a clear and engaging manner
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to robustly challenge decision making and drive continuous improvement in business performance whilst maintaining positive relationships
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience of using Microsoft Powerpoint
- The ability to manage competing priorities confidently and competently
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to handle confidential information professionally
- Excellent communicator, with excellent written and spoken English and strong presentational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The gravitas to engage proactively with senior stakeholders and influence behaviours in a positive way
- A proven ability to work effectively with teams and senior managers
Please note: This is a full-time, permanent position based at ZSL London Zoo, Regents Park. Coming from an organisation that embraces having a great customer focused environment, you will fit right at home working for this prominent charity.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more!
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Tuesday 12th March 2019.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.