General Manager - E-Fulfilment
My client is looking for a General Manager who has experience of running fast paced, highly pressurised logistics operations preferably within E-Fulfilment, Retail or FMCG.
The business are looking to drive positive change and transformation and are therefore looking for candidates who have had exposure to working to best practice especially when it comes to systems, processes, and people.
My client is a Global distribution business who are at very interesting point in their development.
The business have decided to significantly re-invest into the business and are looking for a General Manager to not only run the logistics operation but also to drive for business change.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overall operational responsibility for a 200,000 sq ft multi channel logistics operation.
- Budgetary responsibility of £15 million.
- To develop the logistics operations in alignment with the business growth agenda and ensure the delivery of key milestones within the plan in order to achieve customer satisfaction, contract expansion, deliver profit (YOY) and margin growth.
- Establish engagement plans with key customer stakeholders in order to enhance relationships at all levels of the business.
- Provide leadership to the operations team in formulating and delivering the operational plan.
- Lead the Continuous Improvement programme on site to ensure that a CI approach is undertaken in relation to processes, systems, equipment and facilities.
- Ultimate responsibility for the professional and personal development of colleagues working on the contract, and ownership of recruitment and people retention.
- Establish the existing site as a leader in terms of innovation and new technologies.
- Identify and manage the implementation of investment and site improvement projects.
- Proven experience of managing a large scale, best practice logistics operation.
- Strong experience of e-fulfilment, retail or FMCG logistics.
- Demonstrable exemplary customer relationship management skills with the flexibility in style, approach to manage a number of clients with varying requirements at the same time.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at all levels.
- Able to manage conflict and tough conversations including complex IR issues.
- Succeeds in building effective stakeholder relationships with the ability to influence management team's thinking to deliver high performance through a culture of accountability and ownership.
- Agile approach to strategy and planning with a proven experience of adapting operational plans to changing customer requirements whilst also achieving a commercial benefit.
- Experience of change management processes including successful delivery of change. Understands how people react to change and how to lead and manage through this.
- Has worked within Continuous Improvement programmes and can demonstrate an appreciation of key methodologies and approaches.
- Understands how to use IT / technology to drive performance.
- Understands team dynamics and composition and applies knowledge to develop high performing teams.
£65,000 - £75,000 + benefits