General Manager required for a market leading industrial services provider based in Brixton. The role has full site P&L responsibility.
Elis is a pan-European textile, hygiene and facility service leader, delivering value-added solutions across 28 countries in Europe & Latin America with more than 45,000 employees delivering these services to customers every single day. They are industry leaders because their customers appreciate their commitment to both quality and service.
Elis values the effort that every one of their 45,000 people puts in, day and night, to deliver an exceptional service. Nobody can match their understanding of the importance of innovations or the skills required to deliver them. Their customers know that partnering with Elis enables them to benefit from continuous improvements in efficiency and this translates directly into reduced costs and lower environmental impact. Trading as Berendsen in the UK, Elis has over 6,000 employees working at over 40 sites, making them a major UK employer.
The General Manager, based Brixton, will lead and direct all site staff to deliver continuous improvement of customer service, safety, service delivery and resource utilisation to achieve quality and performance targets. Develop and implement policies to ensure a safe working environment and adherence to safety standards. Develop and expand relationships with external stakeholders and organisations to ensure the protection and success of the business.
- Lead and direct all plant staff and facilities to ensure achievement of Safety, Quality and Performance targets for all service delivery activities.
- Lead and direct the site leadership team, ensuring that functional objectives (KPI's) for each Manager/Leader are achieved.
- Develop and implement systems for employee involvement and development and, through the leadership team, ensure that all employees understand their individual objectives, are committed to achieving them and are well briefed on company and safety issues. Work with leadership team to establish training needs for all staff and ensure they are achieved.
- Lead, develop and deliver performance improvement plans ensuring the achievement of budgets and overall company performance targets through the leadership team.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with stakeholders, organisations, potential new business, and other outside bodies to maintain and improve the company's image and commercial position.
- Lead and direct ongoing improvements in both operational and occupational safety. Ensure the timely investigation of all accidents and incidents and ensure that recommendations are implemented.
- Apply strategic planning to determine site objectives are in line with company strategic goals, ensuring the site leadership team understand them.
- Take personal ownership for ensuring that customers receive an exceptional service from the site.
- Develop and agree a budget to meet business needs and to ensure the most efficient use of resources. Regularly run reports to analyse the results communicating with the relevant management team on costs and revenue and work on improvement plans for any variances to budget.
- Create, develop and implement comprehensive systems to ensure that the company's revenue is safeguarded. Identify level of revenue loss and take corrective action.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of all site operations.
- Responsible for achieving the overall resource plan that meets both the current and future business needs of the company. Work with site leadership teams to develop schemes for improvements within each department - maintaining optimum use of resource at all times.
- Ensure safe method of working by all staff and contractors to achieve statutory H&S & environmental requirements.
To be considered for this fantastic General Manager position our client is looking for:
- Educated to degree level or NVQ Level 5 ideally in Business Administration or Engineering, or equivalent.
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Knowledge of managing plant operations with technical knowledge covering manufacturing and Production, Engineering and service functions.
- Understanding and experience of B2B business relationships and managing part of an operational organisation to achieve performance targets.
- Demonstrable record of achieving business success.
- Ideally would hold a management level Health & Safety qualification.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence people at all levels and develop good working relationships that promote team working.
- An analytical and strategic thinker with good business acumen and the ability to think from the customers' perspective.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of commercial awareness.
- Good attention to detail whilst retaining the ability to see the bigger picture.
- IT literate (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to motivate people, with a coaching style that builds effective teams and manages performance positively.
- Drive to succeed and develop within an organisation.
- Financial knowledge covering budgeting forecasting.
£70,000 to £75,000 plus car / car allowance, bonus and benefits.