Head of Service for Assessment and Family Safeguarding
Eden Brown Synergy are currently supporting a Local Authority in the East of England to recruit an experienced Head of Service for the Family Safeguarding unit.
This role will be looking over six safeguarding teams and three assessment teams.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- To lead the implementation of the Family Safeguarding Project, ensuring its success and working collaboratively with the rest of the Service to create a sustainable model of practice moving forward.
- To lead and performance manage a social care and/or a multi-professional service against local and national indicators and targets within statute and the relevant guidance to ensure that assessment and interventions are delivered in time and are of high quality to meet children and families needs and deliver the required outcome.
- To ensure that the lived experience of the child is considered at the centre of all service and practice improvement, and that any service change is driven primarily by the potential for a positive impact for children.
- To contribute and play an active part in the delivery of service across children services as part of the Children Services Management Team.
- To report directly to the Assistant Director Social Care.
- To advise and report to any committee and/or relevant board as required.
- To line manage two reports at Group Manager level and indirectly manage 6 at Team Manager level.
- To develop, lead and manage six specialist teams including professionals from other disciplines as required.
- To manage and bring the budget for the responsible service area in on target.
- To deputise for the Director and Assistant Director, as and when required, at any service or multi- agency meeting, board and /or committee
If you would be interested in applying for this position, or would like to discuss other social work opportunities then please get in touch with Andrew Younger on alternatively email me
Working with Eden Brown Synergy offers you a personal service from an experienced team, working closely with one consultant who is dedicated to finding you your ideal role. Our pay rates are highly competitive we offer a weekly payroll service and will provide you with a current DBS free of charge. We also have a fantastic referral scheme with the opportunity to earn £250 for referring a friend/colleague to us.