- Leading finance role within local SME
- Growing entreprenerial business
About Our Client
Our client is a global supplier of electronic interconnect products (connectors and cable assemblies) with facilities in Europe, USA and Asia supporting customers worldwide. They are a growing SME based locally in Welwyn Garden City. Their success has been built by a talented and friendly team who are encouraged to fulfil their potential through personal accountability and continuous development.
Reporting to the Group MD, you will be required to drive improvements in systems, processes and controls, enhancing financial reporting and planning, budgeting, forecasting you will have need a strong understanding of technical concepts but will have proven business management and development experience.
Key Duties include:
- Provide strategic and operational financial leadership
- Ensure all financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation
- Manage year end statutory accounts and audit process for 6 international companies
- Communicating and working with teams in Taiwan, USA and Hong Kong
- Group level consolidated accounts preparation
- Appropriate tax planning and compliance in line with local accounting requirements
- Management of the annual budgeting process
- Oversee financial accounting and treasury functions ensuring financial control processes are adhered to
- Lead and develop the finance team
- Involvement in all financial planning, financial accounting control
- Ensuring the provision of appropriate financial information e.g. Monthly management reporting to the board
- Identify key risks and opportunities
- Ability to act as a business partner to the MD and senior management team, providing strategic, analytical and business support
- Provide all supporting analysis to validate strategy and business plan
- Ensuring appropriate insurance coverage for group activities
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for fully qualified ACA/ACCA or CIMA Accountant with a proven track record in a finance leadership role, ideally within a similar sized SME. You will have strong financial controls experience and be experienced in developing financial management systems, procedures and controls. Experience managing a HR function would also be advantageous.
You will be comfortable supervising and developing a small finance team. You will be hands on and happy to get into the detail but also have the ability to contribute at Board level offering your strategic and commercial acumen. You will demonstrate the ability to positively communicate with colleagues, customers and suppliers in order to form and maintain good working relationships.
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential with the ability to present at Board level. You will be open, engaging and also have a good level of team management. The ideal candidate will demonstrate good attention to detail showing logical decision making and prompt delivery to deadlines.
A strong team player, you will be comfortable working with people at all levels both strategic and operationally. You will ideally have worked for an international business previously and be comfortable working with different cultures and complexity. You will also be proficient in business software with the ability to learn new systems.
What's on Offer
Any third party applications direct or agency will be forwarded to Michael Page for consideration
Ref Code: MPFE13991830Z