Head of Housing Delivery
MMP Consultancy are currently seeking an experienced Head of Housing Delivery to lead all aspects of a Local Authority Residential Development programme
* Responsible for the delivery of a minimum 750 new Council homes all of which need to be on site by March 2022
* Manage a team from site identification through to site delivery
* Pre-development assessments of sites.
* Secure planning permission
* Commission the building and handover the stock to housing management.
* Proactive planning of a programme of delivery beyond 2022 you will also develop a strategic land and planning function to enable a further 750 starts.
* Proactive in your approach, you will ensure all homes meet the appropriated quality standards whilst achieving value for money and a business plan to ensure a long-term sustainable Housing Revenue Account.
* Provide a high degree of technical construction expertise to the team and effectively undertake regular project and programme reviews and risk assessments.
* eam player, clearly able to demonstrate collaboration and work across a variety of professional disciplines to deliver new Council homes.
* Dynamic, motivational leader and a passionate driver of delivery as well as be politically astute and resilient.
* Persuasive and demonstrate the ability to work alongside existing tenants and neighbours to ensure timely delivery.
Qualifications / Experience:
* Relevant degree level qualification or equivalent delivery experience in building, housing and / or planning, and evidence of continuous professional development
* Relevant professional qualification and membership of a relevant professional body, e.g. CIOB, RICS
* Experience of housing viability and grant funding regimes.
* Substantial experience of delivering diverse housing development programmes
* Ability to articulate a clear vision for delivery of the programme and how to improve and transform outcomes
* Ability to inspire, develop and motivate a multi-disciplinary team (internal and external consultants)
* A proven record of successful change management, delivering new working policies and practices alongside cultural and structural change
* Experience of successful revenue and capital budget management within tight financial limits in a complex organisation
* Demonstrate an up to date knowledge and understanding of the law, government policy and best practice in relation to the functions within the portfolio
* Experience of giving advice to and building relationships with senior management
* Experience of contract awards and negotiations for capital works programmes
Contract: Rolling 3 Month Interim Contract
Rate: £500 LTD (Inside IR35) Equivalent to £430 PAYE inclusive of A/L Pay (Negotiable)
Title: Head of Housing Delivery