National Transport Planning Manager
- National Transport Planning Manager based over 2 sites in Preston and Bristol.
- Primary and secondary planning for a busy Manufacturing and Distribution business based in England
My client is a European Manufacturer and Distributor based within the Logistics Distribution and supply chain sector.
- Monitor performance, drive improvement and resolve challenges and issues as they arise
- Deliver customer expectation within service level agreements and continuously improve customer service levels
- Drive Logistics policy and procedure to motivate, lead and develop staff to achieve objectives
- Review all Key Performance Indicators, with regards to miles, drops, postcodes, costs then take prompt and appropriate action to correct any shortfalls in those areas
- Reduction in vehicle damage and improved driver productivity inclusive of scheduled worked and driver performance
- Allocate tasks and workload efficiently across the team to obtain the best overall outcome
- Deal with crisis calmly and efficiently
- Exhibit a high level of engagement with drivers at all times
The Successful National Transport Planning Manager will have exposure:
- Significant experience in a Planning Manager role
- A proven track record of supervising primary and secondary planning team.
- Have exposure to Paragon or similar software
- Commercially focused and results driven
- Knowledge of road transport and relevant environmental legislation
- CPC National or International (non essential)
This role is based over 2 locations Bristol and Preston you will be required to split your time between two sites.
The Successful National Transport Planning Manager will receive:
- Basic Salary - £50,000 - £55,000
- Company Car
- Private Health Care
- 25 days + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance