Head of Finance
Legal firm based in the city is looking for a Head of Finance to cover a Maternity leave for the next 12mths. You will have a Legal background or at least will need Professional Services experience.
The primary responsibility of the Head of Finance is to manage the day to day operations of the Finance department delivering best in class BAU service to the wider business. Reporting to the Finance Director, the Head Of Finance role has full oversight and responsibility for all aspects of financial operations, including budgeting, forecasting & planning, year-end reporting including statutory accounts, management accounts & monthly reporting, partner accounting & tax, client & office accounts, accounts payable & expenses, billing & credit control, finance systems and payroll.
The Financial Controller role has the following direct reports:
- Financial Accountant
- Management Accountant
- Finance Systems Manager
- Billings & Credit Control Manager
- Head Legal Cashier
- Business Manager
- Business & Operations Manager
Tasks and responsibilities
The headline milestone deliverables for the position are as follows:
- Producing a smooth and efficient financial year end from year end close through to statutory accounts sign off
- Playing a leading role in the implementation of the new Finance System - Elite 3E - from data conversion, through testing, training, go live and post go-live.
- Assisting in the annual partner remuneration process (financial modelling)
- Leading and delivering the annual reforecasting process
- Leading and delivering the Annual Budget process
- Other ad hoc work streams to meet business demands
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified accountant (prerequisite) - preferably ACA
- Prior experience of working in the legal sector
- Deep understanding of the law firm operating model
- Capable of leading and inspiring team members
- Ability to influence others and establish a strong personal brand
- Can develop strong working relationships and engender respect among key stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organised and capable of managing conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Good at making pragmatic decisions
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Proactive thinker
- Good organisational skills
- Can work strategically and operationally
- Advanced Excel modelling
- Experience of working with Elite Enterprise and Elite 3E (or similar PMS)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Badenoch and Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch and Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch and Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://candidate-privacy.