4 days left
Our client is an international manufacturer of metal parts and structures, supplying predominately into automotive clients around the globe.
The customer is a priority whether the challenge is manufacturing high volume standardised products or designing, prototyping, testing and delivering customised solutions.
With core operations based in the West Midlands, our client has significant growth plans as well as the ambition to be the best in class, within the industry. Their growth plans over the next three years are impressive yet achievable with the right people in place.
In light of their need to adapt and drive the business as they grow, they are now looking to appoint a new Operations Manager to join their Senior Management Team, leading the strategic vision and delivery of their UK Operations activity.
Define and implement the company's strategic operational plan which accommodates significant planned growth, increased productivity, logistical demand, quality and yield and yet reduces the time taken to get new products to market.
Provide operational leadership to the UK business, covering production, quality, health, safety, environment and maintenance, in order to exceed customer expectations, maximising efficiency, optimising production levels and driving excellence.
The role centres on operational management of multi-site, fast-paced continuous manufacturing business and as such any candidate should demonstrate a strong track record in taking similar manufacturing operations through change, improvement and growth. The implementation and consistent application of effective lean techniques is important and of greatest importance is the ability to successfully lead a skilled workforce.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Graduate; ideally in a relevant manufacturing/engineering discipline or equivalent NVQ Level 7 qualification. Demonstrable experience of leading a comparable manufacturing function with successful track record in strategic manufacturing leadership, delivering effective manufacturing strategies, policies and systems.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development within an operational/manufacturing environment
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets
- Resilient, self-motivated and able to perform well under pressure
- Demonstrated application of manufacturing excellence through methods such as sixth sigma/lean
Apply for Operations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly