Internal Audit Manager
4 days left
Our client was founded to provide an innovative solution to a lack of affordable, high quality provisions for childcare in the UK. With an international reach, working across 3 continents, they are one of the leading providers of day care provisions in the UK.
Having grown rapidly in the last 15 Years the CFO is keen to hire a high quality Internal Audit Manager. The role will directly report to the Audit function in the US, Audit Committee and the International CFO.
- Review and evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of risk management, internal controls, corporate governance, the reliability of financial and management reporting
- Determine the extent of compliance with applicable laws, regulations and Company policies
- Analyse current processes and significant changes/developments in business processes, information systems and strategic initiatives
- Evaluate assets safeguards and accountability
- Review operations and programs to assess whether they are being carried out as planned and whether the results are consistent with established objectives
- Support merges and acquisitions by participating in due diligence (governance and controls), and conducting post-acquisition reviews and integration audits
- Perform special projects at request of the Board of Directors (BoD), Audit Committee, CEO and Leadership team
- To achieve above prepare a risk-based annual audit plan, develop and maintain audit methodology, including audit programs, tools, and audit reporting
- Work with the Finance team to develop and maintain internal policies and procedures (which will act as audit standards) that support an adequate, effective system of internal control company-wide
- Coordinate activities of other assurance functions. In interim period before other assurance functions are established act as provider or facilitator for risk management, compliance and internal controls activities
- Reporting on above to BoD, Audit Committee, CEO and Leadership team including gaps/findings and specific, achievable action plans that consider relevant priorities and available resources
- Prepare, support and report activities status and outcomes to Audit Committee and to the BoD, at request
Essential for the role is the ability to be a self-starter and work independently whilst supporting the senior Audit function in the US. You will provide independent and objective assurance to Bright Horizons BoD, Audit Committee, CEO and Leadership team. You will be tasked with improving the effectiveness and efficiency of operations as part of audit procedures performed. In addition you will provide risk and control advisory services at the request of Internal Risk and Control function.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with a proven track record of leading an Internal Audit function. Being a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is advantageous but not essential. Advanced knowledge of control environment within a fast paced, multi-site business is desirable as well as previous experience/knowledge of audit methodologies, project management and risk management practices. Candidates must have knowledge of SOX as well as local accounting standards and have excellent project management skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company with great scope to take on all elements of International Audit. For more information please send a copy of your CV by clicking "Apply"quoting reference LJ50190.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/
Apply for Internal Audit Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly