With 10 branches across Southern Central England, Newbury Building Society continues to serve their communities as they have done for over 160 years. With over 1 Billion assets, excellent customer services results as reported by the Institute of Customer Service, they have managed throughout all the changes in society to maintain the ethos of a contemporary independent mutual. They offer high-quality mortgage and savings products, are forward thinking, whilst remaining true to their core values.
Morrison Consult are delighted to work with Newbury Building Society to recruit a Non-Executive Director with specific expertise in Digital Technology, possibly at CIO level, preferably with Building Society or a Financial Services background.
We hold a comprehensive Role Profile for candidates wishing to apply, but below are some key elements:
- Digital/IT Capability
- Strategy Development
- Corporate Planning
- Business Governance
- General Management
- Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Ability to understand and analyse financial data
- Mentoring and support for the Executive Team
- Honesty, integrity, independent character, high ethical standards
- Sound judgement
- Constructive Challenge, engagement and debate
- Team player - working together as part of an effective Board team with Executive colleagues
Academic / background:
- Degree/business relevant degree
- Senior Business Leader
- General management experience over a number of years at or near Board level.
- Digital/ Technology experience, possibly at CIO level, ideally within the Financial Services sector.
Candidates applying must understand the necessity to allow enough time for reading and evaluating meeting papers and attending and contributing to the Board.
Remuneration to be discussed on application.
We should be delighted to have an informal, confidential conversation with interested candidates in the first instance on 01227 722333 to 7.00 p.m.
Interviews to take place at our office in Harley Street, W.1 or in the Newbury area.
Apply for Non-Executive Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly