Financial Controller - Private Equity
2 days left
We are recruiting on behalf of a long-term equity investment firm headquartered in London. They are looking to hire a Financial Controller that would report directly to their CFO.
The appointee will undertake a broad range of responsibilities, and manage two direct reports. At its core, this role is responsible for all of the group financial reporting, business forecasting, treasury and other internal finance processes.
Key duties include:
- Ownership of profit and cashflow forecasting processes;
- Ownership of business plan model;
- Preparation of draft FCA submissions and annual documentation;
- Leading projects such as corporate re-organisation projects;
- Preparation and presentation of board packs;
- Oversight of monthly management accounts and consolidation for the firm;
- Oversight of year end accounts preparation and audit;
- Oversight of monthly sales invoice process, purchase ledger control, review petty cash, monthly VAT returns and the payroll process;
- Liaising with external tax advisors; and
- Preparing information for ad hoc tasks.
The appointee must possess a relevant accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
The appointee must be familiar with financial services, and ideally private equity or funds.
The appointee is likely to be a candidate with experience in corporate accounting, and could be looking to become a Financial Controller for the first time. Alternatively, this could also suit a candidate who is looking to build on their current skills as a Financial Controller.
Other requirements include:
- Previous managerial experience
- Advanced competency with Excel, including strong business modelling skills
- Familiarity with SAGE
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for almost 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com
Apply for Financial Controller - Private Equity
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly