Head of Innovation (digital/Agile/cloud/machine learning)
Head of Innovation (digital/Agile/cloud/machine learning) - 6 months - £market rate - professional services
Leading professional services company is actively recruiting for an experienced Head of Innovation to lead their agile/architecture, engaging and communicating with the business to deliver agile solutions.
The team will be responsible for maintaining an integrated relationship with the business and support the digital board in the delivery of the digital mind-set pillar of the business strategy. The role should have a clear and a transparent view of the digital revenues being created by the business should be reported to the Operations Board on a quarterly basis. This should be with the objective of increasing this revenue by 10% year on year.
- Knowledge and awareness of opportunities and capability through public cloud, development tools, services from existing suppliers (eg O365) so that the relevant tools can be aligned to new opportunity
- Ensure that new solutions are not only able to deliver on business need but these meet our ambitions in relation to scalability, security and integration.
- Experience of applied research, experimental development and early design activities to validate/invalidate ideas
- You should continuously improve relationships across the company and actively seek out innovative ideas and fresh thinking in order to develop them into strategic technical solutions that are commercially relevant to the business in conjunction with the digital board.
- Leadership and Management of adjacent and disruptive innovations from discovery, to early stage experiments to production in collaboration with other area of the IT function
Requirements for the position of Head of Innovation (Digital/agile/cloud/machine learning):
- Knowledge and experience. A background in innovation including experience of lean start-up, design thinking, prototyping and also have solid commercial awareness
- Experience of delivering complex programs involving multiple stakeholders across different geographical locations with a significant amount of uncertainty
- Experience of managing agile teams, by ensuring consistency in delivery approach through the PMO and agile functions, and by growing capability in people
- A broad understanding of the latest developments in technologies, industry specific issues, competitor and vendor activity and initiatives
- Experience of working in professional services organisation preferably partnerships