2 days left
Our client is an international engineering company who manufacture components for a variety of industries across the globe. They pride themselves on being best in class manufacturing, developing new technologies and innovative products for a vast network of international customers.
The company has embarked on a significant investment programme with the ambition to be the best in class, offering market-leading product, leading the way in development of design, cutting edge test facilities and by enhancing their manufacturing capabilities.
The company is now looking to recruit a new Plant Director to lead their UK site, a £65m turnover manufacturing facility. The company are continuing to invest heavily into the site in order to transform it into the world’s best in class manufacturing facility. In addition to upgrading and transforming the site, they are looking to grow the UK business to £100m+ turnover over the next few years.
The Role – Plant Director
The Plant Director will be responsible for the strategic development of the business in the UK and achievement of annual budgets for sales, profit, margin and cash flow targets as well as ensuring the success of the new line, bringing in new business and ensuring have a truly engaged workforce. The role will have P&L responsibility for the site with all the resources required to achieve this.
There are a number of significant strategic plans that are being implemented and essential to the success of the site and ultimately the business:
- Implementation of a new manufacturing facility due to come on line early 2019 which will be market leading, and potentially “The Best Manufacturing Facility In The World”
- Expansion of the business into new markets and development of capabilities leveraging company expertise
- Significant development of the site and business to truly operate as one integrated business – taking the business to £100m in turnover
- Ensure that the site transforms during the implementation of the new facility and that profitability is sustained and improved in line with strategy
- Transforming the management team into a high performing team with the rigour of a strong management system
- Provide strong leadership and establish credibility as a business leader, to ensure execution of current business plans and budgets, taking full P&L responsibility for the business unit performance, develop a plan to improve profitability
- Further develop and implement an ambitious business growth strategy in line with the group targets
- Drive innovation, technology and adaptability within the manufacturing operations that delivers accelerated new production development introduction
- Optimise the structure and talent base to enable growth, profitability and facilitates integrated services and solutions
- Direct performance and productivity improvement initiatives to deliver on commitments in safety (EHS), quality, on time customer delivery, productivity & cash management
- Develop and implement strategies to maximise sustainable competitive position, productivity gains, free cash flow, meet customer growth objectives and deliver world class operational metrics
- Implement manufacturing systems to enable generation and prioritisation of change initiatives
- Leverage materials management process to optimize direct, indirect and finished product sourcing, focusing on supplier quality development, low cost country sourcing opportunities and strategic supply development
- Define which manufacturing capabilities/skills/talent to develop
- Prepare a consolidated budget for approval
- Create and implement a transformational programme to enhance the culture related to Health & Safety
Key Requirements for the Role
Graduate; ideally in a technical/engineering discipline or relevant experience. Further qualifications such as an MBA would be desirable.
- Proven business/ plant leader, with extensive experience working in a lean manufacturing environment, with siginicant experience leading multi sites
- Operational experience of running complex sites with P&L growth, with an understanding of strong cost control and maintaining product competitiveness
- Experience of site transformation programmes with a demonstrable track record of improving safety, culture and overall site performance
- A charismatic leader who clearly demonstrates an ability to empower and motivate a team.
- Exceptional skills in communication, motivation, and interpersonal relations, and able to convey a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues, financial results and strategy
- Experience of operating at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity.
- The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement, a strong sense of accountability.
- Enlightened, progressive, results orientated management style
- ‘Hands on’ operator with evidence of strong leadership and personal authority, as well as communication and people management skills
- Operational excellence experience using methods such as sixth sigma/lean
Apply for Plant Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly