1 day left
Our client is a subsidiary of a large international privately owned organisation, specialising in product/material processing, providing everything from stand-alone equipment to comprehensive turn-key material processing systems.
The business is a highly successful organisation with strong history of quality, clear vision and an established reputation for excellence. The UK subsidiary offers a comprehensive package from sales consultations, installation, service and spare parts. The company is placed in a strong position with profitable long term clients and a great deal of opportunity to take advantage of.
Due to a retirement, our client is now looking to recruit a new UK Finance Director who will be responsible for all things finance, as well as operating business administration aspects of a small/ medium sized company.
The Role Finance Director
The Finance Director will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with company finances, but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business.
Effectively navigating through difficult periods including month end, year-end and annual budgeting, a Finance Director will have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, often having to work with various departments to help them plan and manage their own budgets.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a successful track record of effectively managing the financial and operating administration aspects of a small/medium sized company.
Upon starting with the business, it is envisaged that there will be a hand over period with the current financial controller to ensure a smooth transition.
It is essential that the candidate can demonstrate a clear and demonstrable track record of success in a similar environment.
Job Title: Finance Director
Accountable to: Managing Director
Job Purpose: To manage and develop the financial and operational administration of the company
A Finance Director will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Processing all accounting entries – inputting - report production including:
- Nominal ledger
- Sales ledger
- Purchase ledger
- Cash management
- Maintenance of bank accounts
- Completion of head office reports for:
- Orders achieved and projects in progress
- Cash planning
- Snap shot of monthly results at month end
- Completion of detailed monthly results
- Completion of internal reports relating to orders, turnover and budgets
- Liaison with service and sales, to issue invoices for engineers work and orders commission
- Production of budget and forecast for company Profit Center Statement (PCS)
- Liaison with auditors and production of information for the completion of statutory accounts
- Completion of taxation package for corporation tax
- Monthly salary payment and liaison with HMRC
- Managing leases for company cars
- Insurance renewal
- Renewal of employee benefits, Bupa, dis and phi
- Administration of pensions
- Company secretary functions
- Change of directors
- Annual returns
- Board minutes
- Completion of vat returns
- Completion of HMRC sales listings for EU transactions
- Maintenance of holiday records
- Liaison with IT support company’s
- Liaison with business suppliers and contacts such as company solicitors, HMRC, Auditors, Telecoms, Maintenance, leasing etc.
- Company Secretary functions
- Pro-actively manage, review and monitor the financial and operating administration department in order to achieve standards that are widely considered to be the best in the market sector
- Plan and attend monthly review meetings with MD
- Work closely with the management team in relation to all operational issues.
Key attributes required for a successful Finance Director include:
- FCA or ACCA qualified with a strong background of financial analysis and control
- Comprehensive understanding of Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Audit and Tax requirements
- Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- First class levels of professionalism, organisation and time management
Apply for Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly