3 days left
Our client is recruiting a Financial Controller (“FC”) to join a young and dynamic professional services business. They are passionate in their goal to support healthcare organisations improve their clinical productivity and redesign services to deliver genuine sustainable change. Since it was founded it has grown rapidly and has recently developed a range of new products, including software-based solutions, that will offer further opportunities to help their clients maximise their own performance opportunities. They are now looking to strengthen a small finance team based in their central London office to help build the systems and processes that will support this next phase of organisational development.
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, you will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an appropriate control environment, including procedures and systems that are suitable for a small, growing company. You will need to establish good working relationships and strong credibility with a team of dedicated consultants working on our client sites. A hands-on approach and a willingness to travel out to client sites will be needed, along with an ability to identify trends and the business issues behind the numbers. The FC is responsible for production of monthly management accounts and project reports and will assist in the development of annual budgets and forecasts. Close management of working capital and cash will also be an essential component, as well as the usual statutory and compliance reporting requirements for tax and audit. The role will be especially suited to an individual looking to gain their first experience working with a private equity backed company.
- Qualifications - ACA qualified or equivalent with good technical knowledge relevant to a small business
- Systems - experience in maintaining and implementing change in management information systems
- Communication - excellent communication skills, and ability to discuss finance performance with non-finance managers
- Organisation – strong planning, organisational and time management skills, with close attention to detail
- Communication – clear communication, both oral and written, with strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Teamwork – able to work under pressure to strict deadlines and work autonomously as required; must be adaptable and resilient
- Preferably a minimum of two years’ experience Financial Controller level
- Experience of working in a professional services or software environment
Interested parties should click "Apply", quoting reference number MR50150.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/.
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly