Senior Project Manager - FMCG - Times Fast Track 100 business
- Head of IT for a Times Fast track 100 business
- Results driven Head of IT or of a similar position (working up) looking to join an award winning leader in functional health supplements for pets
An international business which was established over 10 years ago are a market leader within their industry and a Time Fast Track 100 business who have ambitious global growth plans that secured Private Equity Investment in 2017 and can provide the right candidate with the opportunity to develop and progress within a highly successful and dynamic environment.
Head of IT - For a Times Fast Track 100 business to define and implement an IT strategy to support the business's global growth plans.
Leading an IT function with drive and commitment, thriving on challenges and delivering against targets, together with leading the IT strategy and supporting the Group Board, business and functional heads in driving the business to achieve its Business Plan.
Head of IT key responsibilities:
- Operating in a Leadership role and advising the Board on new IT strategies
- Instrumental in moving the business forward through driving key projects in an outsourced IT environment
- Managing key IT suppliers across the business. This is a fully outsourced environment
- Technically savvy and being able to put together how the business can work to leverage existing and new business systems such as global finance system, CRM, E-commerce platforms
- Leading the development of new systems and managing the E-commerce platform.
- Being able to get into the detail and great with accountability in a fast paced, growing company
- Overall responsibility for driving the E-commerce platform, B2C digital and projects, in the UK and Internationally as the business expands
- Ensure all E-commerce sites meet security, data protection and web accessibility requirements
- Review all current support systems and advice on new systems, then deliver the migration on to the new systems
- Have full responsibility and manage the IT budget
- Define project scope, objectives, milestones and deliverables that deliver the business requirements in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Lead, manage and consult cross-functional teams on concurrent projects to deliver defined outcomes on time and on budget
- Work with stakeholders across the business to scope out the best way for IT systems to support the business
- The role is based in Hertfordshire.
Head of IT key skills:
We're seeking the right person who can make things happen and is looking for the next step up in their career, alongside growing with the firm. The successful candidate may not have had the top spot before, however is proven at defining and delivering IT strategy and will strive to be the best whilst helping to drive this business forward.
Managing the project of a major new system implementation, including:
- Leading the project steering committee
- Assisting departments in formulating tight user requirement specifications
- Assessing alternative system solutions and assisting CFO in selecting the systems solution that gives optimal resilience, functionality & value
- Defining the longer term systems architecture and the step plan migration to it
- Preparing the Capex proposal for Board approval
- Identifying, selecting and appointing partners to help implement the system tailored to Lintbells needs
- Negotiating the software contract
- Managing the project against the approved budget
- Providing the Board members with technical expertise on IT matters
Ideally you'd have worked in a B2B andB2C systems environment with website, manufacturing, finance, etc
- An IT leader or project manager with strong supply management skills from a SME or management consultancy background is essential
- Experience of working in a B2C Digital environment and managing IT suppliers is essential
- Strong project management experience of leading IT projects in a Matrix-management environment
- Gravitas and experience to lead the IT function & push new and existing IT strategies
- Proven at managing senior stakeholders. Able to explain complex IT systems in simple terms to all key stakeholders including Board members and investors
- Track record of managing and implementing business application systems background is essential - inc finance systems, CRM & E-commerce platforms
- Proven ability to deliver complex IT change is essential.
- Certified Prince2 Practitioner (or equivalent) is essential.
- Candidates who do not yet hold a Head of IT/Tech title but have the above requisite experience are also welcome to apply
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Tenacious individual and willing to grow into the role
- Ideally able to start within the next 4 weeks however will wait for the right candidate
- Candidates based in London would be ideal as most meetings will take place here, however candidates from further out willing to travel are welcome to apply
- ??70,000 to ??80,000 depending upon experience
- Performance-related bonus of 10% per annum
- ??5,000 car allowance
- Benefits: Pension, Private Health Insurance and a shared success scheme
- Flexible working is available