Head of Finance - Sport
Partner Financial are working with a well-known PE backed, Sporting Leisure group based in Central London. They have firmly established their iconic brand over a number of years due to their service, focus and commitment, and thus, the business is on track for yet another successful year. Having recently expanded their portfolio their strategy positions the brand at the forefront of its market and main competitors.
Reporting directly to the CFO, as Head of Finance you will be working within a fast-paced environment, whilst supervising a team of 10. You will be responsible for the day to day finance operations and will be heavily involved with the key decision-making process and the long-term strategy of the brand, driving the overall performance of the business. This position would suit a naturally talented individual who has the drive, ambition and potential to advance in a rapidly growing business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing and developing the internal and external financial and management reporting for the Group
- Leading a high performing finance function, enabling the team to support key business decisions with “first class” financial information
- Providing detailed financial planning for the future growth of the Group
- Producing the weekly sales reporting and providing commercial analysis
- Developing and managing accounting policies and procedures to ensure that results are reported appropriately
- Managing the year end statutory accounts and audit, including liaising with the auditors
- Managing the month end reporting of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow and managing the review process through to stakeholders
- Business planning through the annual budget, monthly reforecast and weekly cashflow process
- Maintaining the highest standards of compliance and financial control
- Business partnering with Operations, Marketing and Central Support Services
The ideal candidate:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA)
- Experience working within a multisite environment
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience managing and developing a team
- Interest in sports and leisure advantageous
We will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from us within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion. For an informal discussion please feel free to contact Jane Knight.