Big Data Project Manager
Position: Big Data Project Manager
Salary: ???70K+ - Negotiable, bonus & benefits
We are seeking Big Data Project Managers to join this Fast Growth Consulting Practice in designing and delivering leading-edge Solutions. You will be work for Larger and mid-market Clients in Energy, Banking, Insurance, Utilities, Telecoms & Services domains. You will be involved in and help lead the transformation and migration of data from on premise to the Cloud and also the digital and eCommerce software transition for organisations to help develop the data models and data architecture of multi-channel solutions based on the infrastructure and secure platform for the fast processing of their data and business requirements, responsible for full project life cycle, PoC and Statement of work, SOW and project planning etc.
The challenge is to work collaboratively with a team of Business Analysts, Architects & Consultant in creating the Software and Platform as a Service to provide the architecture required for new SaaS, working as lead Project Manager for the Big Data to Cloud migrations. Ideally you will have some experience in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, RDS etc. in a fast-moving Enterprise and secure environment to work with a collaborated Team of experts and 3rd Parties as needed.
As this is working for a Professional Services Practice, responsibilities will be varied and evolving so could involve the below:
- Expertise in a Professional Services environment for French and European Clients, working in French and English.
- Provide insight into the changing database storage and utilisation requirements for the companies and offer suggestions for Data & MDM migration solutions
- Analyse As is to design and create a pilot solution for To Be with their data needs and Analytics required. Lead database implementation methods to make sure they are in line with company policies and any external regulations that may apply.
- Use your hands on skills to work with Developers in Python, R, Scala & SAP or the specific tools required
- Create Datamodelling and algorithms and use monitoring models for each project and work with Director of Data and team to create models for new innovative solutions using various Tools like Qlikview, Tableau, SAS, SAP- BI, Axway, Power BI etc.
- Agree on SOW and develop plan for delivery of database design and delivery timescales for Project Plan for data management and Data analytics for BI reporting for the Clients
- Design and work with the IaaS & Platform Architect to ensure that the data architecture implementation is right first time, resilient, secure and flexible to meet ongoing demands for data management and maintain the integrity and security of the Customers databases onto a Single Platform, Cloud.
- Assist the Client with skills transfer and on-boarding requirements etc.
Below is a wish list only:
- Demonstrable experience of involvement in data models, database design, data analytics and data reporting
- Proven experience in migrating Big Data from Legacy to Cloud etc.
- Excellent Project Management delivery experience in a Real Time commercial environment, financial institutions, Telco or other domains or Cloud Services for larger Enterprises managed service provider.
- Proven experience of working with Architects, some understanding of both HLD and LLD.
- Experience of 2 of the following technologies:
Oracle DBMS, Oracle Exalytics, MongoDB, NoSQL, Sybse IQ, Cassandra database technology, Data analytics,
Opensource technologies: Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Spark
Experience with Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR etc.
- Automation of database scripts and installations in a CI/CD deployment
- Working knowledge of Data solutions, data quality, DQ, Data cleansing, ETL,
- Knowledge and experience of Cloud based infrastructures (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, RDS)
- Some API exposure, possibly Mulesoft, Apigee or Ikana etc.
- Proactive team player who is keen to contribute to ideas and listen in a collaborative manner and help make a difference.
- MSc or Degree in Computer Science or Data Technology subject or equivalent experience
- Open to travel in France, mainly Paris area and outskirts
This is a really exciting challenge for tomorrow's technology working for this International Start up, growing at 25% year on year with an excellent work hard and play hard collaborated working, fun environment.