IT Infrastructure Project Manager
A prestigious company is in the search for a IT Infrastructure Project Manager. This individual will manage over large infrastructure projects simultaneously. This individual must have a PMP, knowledge of PMBOK, project management methodologies (SDLC, Agile).
- Create, monitor, and update detailed project plans. Help establish integrated work plans across business units and assists with the staffing for each phase of project, including recruitment/assignment of resource to task.
- Provide management and strategic direction to a project team and be responsible for the project development, budget and schedule.
- Establish goals, negotiates project commitments and develops project plans.
- Gather requirements, analysing, designing, documenting and formalizing IT PPM processes including the user training, implementation and support of new processes.
- Lead and facilitate discussions with key stakeholders, within and outside of the organization as needed, to assist in the development of new business opportunities.
- Contribute to the broader organization PMO governance, process and standards development, documentation, training and enterprise adherence of project standards.
- Serve as back-up for operational aspects of PMO office when needed: Maintain user set-up and access rights and overall customer support.
- Serve as back-up facilitator for PMO meetings such as the Intake meeting and the resource planning meeting.
We need you to have:
- Knowledge of PMBOK and project management methodologies (SDLC, Agile).
- Experience with Project Tracking tools, ie, Innotas, Planview, Daptiv, MsProject.
- Strong competency using MS Office tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Visio.
- Ability to manage multiple cross-functional enterprise wide projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer focus with experience working with business clients and ability to establish and maintain effective business partnership.
- Thorough understanding of databases such as Oracle, Sybase, and/or MS SQL
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field OR equivalent experience
- 6+ years of mid-to large- scale hands-on project management experience
- Hands-on project management experience including project development, assessment of risk, and effectively tracking actions and issues
- Excellent capabilities in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Microsoft Project