Programmatic Trading Director
PROGRAMMATIC TRADING DIRECTOR
My client were founded in 2012 with the aim to be recognised as the world's best B2B advertising agency - enabling their clients to out-perform their category competitors using brand power rather than spending power. Since then they have won 42 international awards including the Grand Prix at the B2B Awards and Best Use of Creative twice in the last four years.
This is an incredible opportunity for a programmatic trading professional, who is looking for tonnes of autonomy and to work in a truly greenfield role, build out a successful team around them, and have a huge impact on an exciting part of the this company's journey.
Your role will include:
Setting up and establishing the agency's programmatic offering:
- Platform(s) (DSP, DMP, Ad Server) selection and set-up
- Campaign execution and optimisation
- Presenting the agency's programmatic capabilities to clients
- Helping to grow their media offering and building a team
The Programmatic Trading Director will:
- Utilise your commercial competencies,analytics and optimisation skills: Being involved in all stages of complex campaigns; frompre-campaign planning, implementation and testing, to optimisation, recommendations and post-campaignanalytics for key client accounts.
- Omnichannel approach across display, rich media, mobile, native, audio, video, connection TV, etc.
- Across-device targeting
- Providing media plans to clients with buying strategies, and the rationale behind these
- Inventory: Contracts with all the appropriate (B2B) SSPs in all key markets
- Knowledge of B2B publishers and negotiation skills for PMPs
- Providing weekly report + optimisation rationale + recommendations
- Ability to juggle 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data, as well as create PMPs
- Endlessly test different audiences by measuring scale, performance, A/B testing and by always mixing them and testing them out
- Liaising with clients, and internally with Account Managers, Planners and Creatives
- Managing client's brand safety
- Commercial understanding: Balancing campaigns for margin, performance and client satisfaction
- Capable of simplifying complexities to clients, as well as being skilled in presenting and pitching to clients
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience in programmatic trading from an agency, trading desk or DSP
- Experience working with both branding and performance advertisers
- Practical and questioning approach, willing to innovate and challenge the status quo
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate key insights clearly
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to work flexibly, autonomously and take ownership for resolution
- Ability to build good relationships and networks and PMPs, and leverage these to achieve campaign and business objectives
- Robust knowledge of data providers
- Experience of running B2B campaigns preferred
My client offer a competitive salary and brilliant working benefits. And because they're not in the business of creating wallpaper, they don't tend to attract wallflower types. Every team member brings passion to their work that inspires creativity and contributes to their culture.
If you feel like you would revel in the role of the Programmatic Trading Director, then hit apply now or feel free to give me a call and we can chat through it all together!
I look forward to hearing from you all :)