Project Manager/Project Engineer
This project is chartered to launch a series of new products from 2020 to 2025.
You will lead project teams at the Cork Innovation Centre that will drive design for manufacturability with our design team and develop a manufacturing process to launch a new orthopaedic implant.
The Ideal Candidate:
A planned and organised individual with strong project management knowledge/experience that will enable a team of technical and process SMEs to deliver the project on time and to the desired business targets. You will need strong interpersonal skills, be able to collaborate effectively and resolve conflicts.
1. Project planning, scheduling and driving project meetings to achieve objectives.
2. Regular reporting on the project status, performance and risks.
3. Identify appropriate resources required and escalate where necessary.
4. Facilitate communication between all stakeholders.
5. Facilitate DFM reviews with technical SME support to minimize life cycle cost.
6. Planning and execution of qualification and validation activities.
7. Minimise Environmental and Health & Safety effects of your work.
8. Adhere to the company's procedures as detailed in the SOP manual.
9. Support Regulatory Affairs with product submissions.
10. All other duties as directed by direct manager.
1. Third level degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Production Engineering or similar discipline.
2. Minimum 5 years in a project management capacity in a large-scale project.
1. Certification from an accredited institution in Project/Program Management.
2. 3 years' experience in product/process development with Class II/III medical devices
3. Knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directive (ISO13485, MDD and FDA CFR 820) and other pertinent Design Control requirements.
4. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
5. Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.