Axon Moore is currently looking for a high-calibre, Tax Manager to make the next step in their career with a leading multi-site retail business based in Manchester.
Having just gone through strategic change, the business is now well placed to strengthen its position as UK market leader, whilst simultaneously looking to expand its presence globally.
Reporting in to the Group Financial Controller and CFO, the role holder will be the direct point of contact with HMRC and will be responsible for preparation and submission of tax returns, tax compliance and tax reporting. The role will be hands-on in managing each company's tax compliance affairs but can utilise the external tax advisors for tax planning and advisory work.
You will be responsible for looking after all areas of UK Tax Compliance. This includes corporate tax, VAT and indirect tax, PAYE and employment tax, R&D Tax and BPR.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform and ensure the accurate recording of all tax related costs across the business
- Be the direct point of contact for with HMRC
- Ensure the correct and appropriate preparation and submission of all annual tax returns in line with the Company’s and statutory reporting deadlines
- Ensure the correct calculation of the Quarterly Installment Payments, liaising with Group to ensure an appropriate level of Group relief has been taken into account and to ensure all tax payments are made on time
- Ensure the correct and appropriate recording of VAT within the businesses. Ensure appropriate processes are put in place to ensure VAT is captured at the correct rate. Review the monthly VAT return and ensure the VAT returns are submitted in a timely manner on a monthly basis
- Ensure the accurate recording of capital allowances that can be claimed by the businesses. Liaising with the relevant teams across the businesses within Finance and the wider business to ensure appropriate processes are in place to capture the required information correctly
- Act as the subject matter expert in Finance and to the wider business for all tax related matters Overseeing the relationship with HR
- Responsible for the review of the tax and appropriate balance sheet accounts, their preparation, accuracy and accurate resolution on a monthly basis as part of the management accounts process
- Be the main point of contact between the business and the Group for tax purposes
- Take ownership for tax planning across the business and build the strategy and processes to help drive overall tax reductions in line with the business plan over the medium term
- Manage and communicate with internal and external audit on all areas of tax
This role would suit a bright and ambitious tax professional that is seeking to develop a career in a fast-paced business. Whilst prior experience in a similar role would be an advantage, this would also be a great opportunity for a tax specialist in practice to make their first move into industry.