Real Estate Assistant Fund Controller
5 days left
Our client is a Global Real Estate Investor, with successful track record to date. They are continuing to grow the business and are currently raising their next fund. As a result, they are looking to hire a new Assistant Fund Controller to take control of the finance for their new fund.
The new fund is pan-European and is a traditional private equity close-ended fund. Specialising in Real Estate, they have made good progress to date and are looking to continue to grow globally.
Because the role is fairly autonomous and allows the successful candidate to be in control of the finances around this particular fund, there is a lot of scope to get into broader work. At its core, the role is to provide all financial, reporting, tax and liquidity matters related to the fund.
More specific duties include:
- Co-ordinating quarterly financial statements and investor capital statements;
- Working with the fund administrators and investor reporting team to prepare capital calls and distribution notices to investors;
- Getting involved with capital activity (LPAs and Capital Waterfall);
- Supporting the deal team and Fund Controller on fund transactions such as acquisitions/disposals and refinancing;
- Preparing information for investor reporting;
- Assisting the co-ordination of annual audits for the fund and related co-investment vehicles;
- Assisting in updating the fund model;
- Assisting in tracking and responding to investor requests; and
- Assisting in any tax filing obligations of the fund/related entities.
Due to the specialised nature of the role, it is vital that the candidate is a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and has experience previously working as a Real Estate Fund Accountant.
Other preferable traits include:
- A strong academic background;
- Experience within private equity;
- Confident in working alone or in a team;
- Experience in US Investment Company accounting; and
- A clear understanding of the real estate fund structure.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity-backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/
Apply for Real Estate Assistant Fund Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly