Business Development Manager | Home Based | Global Managed Services Pr
BD3 - Business Development Manager
An exciting opportunity to join our team within a growing ICT Services company with a global portfolio, as a Business Development Manager.
With an extensive history that extends over 125 years, the company has approximately 9,000 employees in 23 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific, North and Latin America, and has a complete portfolio of integrated ICT services for the large enterprise and public sector markets. This includes Workspace, Applications, Communication, Data Centre, Cloud, Consulting, Product and Managed Services.
*This is remote working role with occasional travel to EITHER London or Birmingham - dependent on location.*
This is a high level, prestigious position in the UK sales organisation. The business unit supports the sale of both new and existing business into enterprise and mid-market customers. The sales organisation works closely with marketing, demand generation, bid management, solution & service architects and delivery to support the execution of complex solution sales.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for establishing relationships with large and medium sized businesses on behalf of the company as well as maintaining and growing business with install base customers. This role will sell the breadth of the compani capabilities, with specific focus on next generation workspace, multi-cloud services and applications, underpinned with connectivity and security solutions. The role holder will manage the engagement and development of significant deals and have an outstanding track record of selling complex solutions and services.
- Lead the development of an effective portfolio business plan outlining the strategy for success and maximising revenues and margins.
- Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction is maintained at the highest levels.
- Find and develop profitable new accounts and business opportunities.
- Manage and develop a long term sustainable pipeline of new deals, into both install base and net new customers.
- Achieve the financial targets set out in individual business and activity plans.
- Maintain close knowledge of the client's business and service portfolio to ensure alignment of appropriate up selling and cross selling of solutions.
- Produce workable annual business and activity plans for the region and/or market segment and develop profit improvement plans to justify the value of our services to our customers.
- Record and maintain all relevant information regarding customers and contacts, prospects and suspects in Salesforce.
- Ensure full communication of sales & marketing objectives to all customers/accounts.
- Ensure that the sales pipeline model is kept updated (eg Solutions Selling methodology) by providing timely and accurate forecasting and pipeline information.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships at multiple levels including problem solving and formulation of response to immediate and future customer requirements.
- Work with delivery units to ensure delivery can be achieved.
- Works with third party advisory organisations and attends third party vendor meetings.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals and presentations.
- Prepare customer/alliance or account planning documents for specific services and solutions.
- Produce relevant Bid review forms and adhere to relevant processes.
- Develop account plans that focus on client relationship development and account growth/retention within install base customers.
- Map, build and deploy management and portfolio leads into client relationships.
- Minimum 5-year demonstrable record of accomplishment in selling complex outsourcing and managed service solutions to the enterprise and mid-market.
- Strong understanding of workspace, cloud and managed service solutions.
- Proven track record of winning, leading and implementing complex deals
- Experience selling solutions incorporating Cisco, Microsoft, Dell, EMC (and others) technologies.
- Ability to construct innovative deals that play to strengths, both meeting and exceeding client expectations.
- Understanding of organisational navigation: ability to get things done in a complex environment both externally and internally.
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills at Director level.
- Strong planning and organisation skills, and compelling presentation skills.
- Be used to working in high pressure environments, on your own and as part of a team.
- A proven network of senior level (Director and above) contacts in
- Broad understanding of the Information Technology marketplace.
- Mid-market/enterprise market sectors.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build trust and long-term relationships within the client organisation.
- Proactive change agent, able to understand both the client's and business requirements to achieve a win-win outcome.
- Graduate level (preferred).
- Appropriate Sales and negotiation training.
- Project Management experience would be beneficial but not essential.