European Managing Director
- Fantastic opportunity to take on a fast growth private equity project
- Excellent opportunity to run the European subsidiary of a successful company
About Our Client
Revolution Dancewear is a company owned by Audax Private Equity. Since 1996 Revolution have partnered exclusively with dance studios in the US and Canada.
At the end of 2018 Revolution acquired the International Dance Supplies and Dance Direct businesses based in Newton Abbot in Devon. IDS has 40 years of track record within the industry. They are the UK's largest wholesale dancewear supplier. Their customer base includes over 14,000 dance teachers and retailers worldwide with whom IDS has gained an incredible reputation for great products and service.
Audax Private Equity is solely focused on building leading middle market companies. Since inception they have invested over $5bn in 119 platform investments and 722 add-on acquisitions. Working with their partners, they have repeated transformed market leaders into substantially larger, better-positioned, more valuable enterprises.
Based in Newton Abbot in Devon, the European Managing Director will report to the parent company CEO and Chairman in Chicago. The European Managing Director will have the following responsibilities:
- Continuing the upward trajectory of growth in sales and profitability
- Lead and develop a high performance team
- Develop and grow the B2C model
- Develop and grow the export business
- Enhance relationships with customers, identifying potential business opportunities and reviewing performance in order to ensure that Revolution acquires and retains key supplier status
- Develop, submit, control, implement and evaluate strategic operational and commercial plans and budgets for the business to meet the financial and strategic objectives of the owners / investors
- Develop and grow the online offering
- Work towards and maintain an efficient cost operating base
- Monitor all available financial information, analysing and interpreting supporting data and taking whatever corrective action is required to ensure that the planned budget is achieved
- Continue to drive the unique and enjoyable company culture
- Be an inspirational figurehead who can front the European business
- European strategy will be determined jointly with CEO, investors, and senior management members
The Successful Applicant
The post requires an individual with a self-evident track record of success in a general management position to bring about significant sales and profit growth in the UK ecommerce sector. It is likely that the individual will have an excellent balance of leadership and business skills. Specifically:
- The mail order / digital wholesale or retail environment
- IT / Systems and potential platform changes and transfers
- Management and development of stakeholder relationships (customers, shareholders, employees, suppliers)
- Supply chain and distribution management
- Sourcing and inventory management
- Business growth through increased sales
- Ecommerce and direct to market propositions
- B2C Customer Relationship and Engagement
- International Market Development
- The ability to create and deliver conceptual, strategic and tactical plans
- In addition the following are pre-requisite skills and attributes of a successful post-holder.
- Leadership, excellent communication, drive, influencing and persuading others, relationship building, analytical and conceptual thinking, financial acumen demonstrated by the ability to utilise financial and non-financial measures to gauge results, a hands-on, pragmatic leader, emotionally aware and able to operate in a female centric environment.
What's on Offer
Extremely attractive package to attract the best. This will include an equity stake.
Ref Code: MPFE13986429Z