Site Operations Manager
4 days left
Leading 3PL Provider looking for a Site Operations Manager
Fantastic opportunity to progress within a forward thinking business
Leading 3PL Provider within the logistics distribution and supply chain sector
Key responsibilities of Site Operations Manager based in Swindon will include:
- Manage the safe operation of the warehouse and inventory functions on either days or nights, being flexible enough to cover either shift if required.
- Team engagement; be the first line of contact responding to employee's questions and addressing their concerns.
- Co-ordinate short & long term labour and equipment plans.
- Reviewing staffing levels by function, rotating staff accordingly in line with actual volumes.
- Monitor and manage team performance against KPI's.
- Communication to the warehouse teams on nights.
- Ensure effective communications - up, down and across the business.
- Help to ensure customer service levels are met or exceeded, embrace ongoing process development and change to identify best practice and opportunities.
- Review KPI's and help to ensure service and cost parameters are met.
- Ensure best practise is developed and used, constantly seeking improvements to layout, efficiency and stock integrity.
- Develop staff by training, mentoring and personal development plans.
- Deputise for the Operations Manager in their absence.
- Liaise with transport functions to resolve operational day to day issues and plan to prevent re-occurrence.
- Works with key stakeholders to identify and improve areas of spend, sharing best practice and improving the operation when opportunities present themselves.
The successful Site Operations Manager will have the following experience:
- Strong leadership abilities, driving results through a team approach.
- Ability to engage, coach and develop your team.
- Ability to challenge the 'status-quo' of the operation and implement plans to improve.
- Strong communication skills, both internal and external.
- Ability to work various shifts as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making abilities and ability to integrate and apply information.
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) experience. Preferably Red Prairie or Manhattan along with RF scanning.
- Commercially focused and budget ownership.
- Experience within the FMCG shared user environment.
- To be able to lead from the front and command respect from their peers.
The Site Operations Manager in Swindon will receive...
A salary of £55,000
Company Car or Car Allowance - £5,796
Pension - 4% - Company 8%
25 days + Bank Holidays