Senior Project Manager
The client is a large European Cable Operator offering triple-play and over-the-top video services to its customers. The client is deploying a new set of broadband and voice products in several of its European markets.
Provide a Senior PM function for the delivery of projects including the following activities in relation to IT:
- Prepare the project plan for each work stream, incl. key milestones & dependencies.
- Define the required H/W & S/W components/versions for the different environments (JIT, UAT, PROD).
- Engage in budgeting discussions on key cost elements and propose solutions on how costs can be optimized.
- Raise and manage CRs to deliver all environments across affiliates, including connectivity matrixes.
- Support the testing effort by taking an active part in test cases development, planning and execution.
- Facilitate the resolution of incidents by coordinating different parties (architecture, delivery, vendors ).
- Prepare a detailed Go Live' plan and support its implementation.
- Support all technical and operational trials before the products are launched commercially.
- Work with operations to ensure a clear Support Model and Incident Management processes are in place prior to launch.
- Engage in all relevant vendor discussions as well as technical discussions with Architecture or internal IT delivery functions.
- Manage key risks and issues.
- Act as IT's central point of contact with respect to other corporate groups or affiliates.
- Support the project lead in preparing and delivering Steering Committee status reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Education level: Minimum of bachelor degree in a technology domain.
- Experience: significant PM experience in an expert delivery environment.
- Has extensive project management and delivery experience in high paced client environments.
- Has experience working with design teams and contributing to overall service platform design in multiple customer environments.
- Has experience working with customers to explain their options using various service designs, review the benefits of each solution and ensure the customer's business requirements are satisfied with the design.
- Fluent in English, other European languages are an advantage.
- Good communication skills and understanding of various cultures.
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to see at both the high level view and focus on detail if required; the ability to apply technology to solve business problems.
- Determination and drive to consistently and successfully deliver according to commitment (results driven).
- Pro-active individual - able to see issues and suggest solutions before they arise.
- Below skills are an added advantage:
- Experience in telecommunications sector.