Global IT Category Manager
Lead the execution of strategy, implementation & planning of the Enterprise category cycle.
Manage a spend of £150m ensuring competitive advantage.
My client is a FTSE100 business who operate on a global scale.
- On a global basis, you will lead the strategy, planning and implementation of Category plan within the Enterprise Applications category.
- You will manage a portfolio of up-to 100 Software Suppliers and have a continual demand for new Suppliers and programmes within your category that you will need to manage.
- You will form relationships with senior executives within organisation influencing them of your Category Strategy, where the market is going, ways you are optimising the category and where support is required.
- You will work with global businesses and global stakeholders of various seniority, influencing them of your Category direction and procurement approaches and methodology.
- You will ensure buyers are adhering to your subcategory strategy, providing guidance and instruction as necessary to ensure best value to your stakeholders.
- You will look for opportunities to improve your category through: optimisation of spend, rationalisation of the Supplier base and ensure project data (savings, pipeline, milestones, risks, issues, taxonomy) is accurate and reflective of reality.
- You will look to become a trusted procurement advisor based on your knowledge, your delivery and optimisation of your category. This may mean you attend leadership meetings, provide procurement steer, insights and reports.
- Has 7 or more years of Procurement related roles
- Has 3 or more years of Software Procurement related roles, within that 7 years.
- Has defined and managed and implemented Software Category plan in a large organisation
- Experience in leading negotiations, of large value, with Enterprise Applications providers i.e Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, SAP etc.
- Understand wide range of licensing applications and negotiating best in class
- Worked within complex organisations and worked to the pace and drive required
- Has a degree or CIPS related qualification
- Exceptional Brand
- Great salary & package
- Huge progression opportunity