Head of Finance
Adjacency is proud to partner Portman Dental Care in Cheltenham which, due to rapid and continued growth, is recruiting for the newly created role of Head of Finance. Portman is already the largest privately focused dental group in the UK and has ambitious plans for continued growth in the UK and expansion into Europe. This is a great time for an ambitious fully qualified Head of Finance to join the team.
Portman’s core vision is to be the best private-focused dental group in the world. With a working environment that is innovative, fast paced, dynamic and constantly changing, this is an excellent opportunity to make your mark. As well as a generous salary the benefits include bonus, dental, healthcare, flexi benefits fund and free parking.
As Head of Finance you will lead the function on a day to day basis, therefore leadership experience is essential. Direct reports will include Business Partnering, Financial Reporting and Transactional Finance. As well as taking ownership of Finance you will be responsible for board reporting including all variance analysis, summary and narrative. You will work with your direct manager on the ongoing development of the finance structure within this constantly growing, evolving organisation and play a fundamental role in its growth moving forward.
What is a “Portman Person”?
- Adaptable and innovative, a problem solver able to drive change whilst working at pace. Someone who exercises sound judgement in decision making and demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness. You will have personal impact and presence and be able to influence and recommend. Possessing true ‘grit’, tenacity and drive you will be an articulate, straight talking and engaging communicator with an excellent standard of both written and spoken English.
- As a leader you will develop talent and capability within a team, working effectively and influencing in a matrix and group structure.
- Able to work autonomously but also a collaborative team player capable of delegating tasks effectively within the team with appropriate support.
- Please note: any direct and third party applications will be sent to Adjacency for inclusion in the recruitment process.
- If you would like to discuss please contact Michelle Gibbs for a confidential conversation.
Adjacency provides permanent and interim management recruitment services to a wide range of clients. We source exceptional talent. We deliver a robust, value added approach to every campaign we undertake; connecting the right people to the right career option. We bring expertise and resources to successfully deliver upon Finance, Sales & Marketing, Human Resources and Operations remits up to Board level appointments. Each assignment is dealt with by discipline specialists, with current market knowledge, who will deliver a shortlist incorporating exceptional people from a diverse and multicultural talent pool.