Assistant Site Manager (Housebuilding)
Company & Requirement
Our client is a fast growth housebuilder company that is based in the southern Home Counties. Due to expansion and continued success there is the requirement to recruit a suitably experienced Assistant Site Manager into the business. The individual will be office based but will have regular travel to the construction site(s) of choice.
To support the Project/Site Manager in the management of the day-to-day operation of the development site to meet the Company objectives relating to safety, quality, production, cost and presentation. Deputise for the Project/Site Manager during holiday periods, sickness or other times when they are not on site and fulfil the role of Site Manager when sites are nearing completion if requested.
- Read, understand and comply with the procedures as set out for the Building Department
- Understand and implement in conjunction with the Project/Site Manager the Principal Contractor’s Construction Health and Safety Plan. Assist with reviewing the Plan every two months. Assist the Project/Site Manager to ensure a traffic management plan is drawn up and in use at all times. Have a full understanding of all method statements and risk assessments, assist in the preparation of others for all work not covered by either the Company generic assessments or by sub-contractors’ assessments. Ensure compliance with all the above. Induct as appropriate all operatives and visitors before allowing access to the site.
- Support the Project/Site Manager to plan and organise the site in accordance with the constraints set. Assist in producing and issuing 12-week programmes for substructure, shells and finishings programmes. Issuing short term programmes to subcontractors with copies to the Project/Site Manager.
- Organise and prioritise the work of the site team. Control and co-ordinate the attendance and number of subcontractors on site. Resolve queries, problems and conflicts at site level and regularly update the Project/Site Manager.
- Ensure all workmanship and materials conforms to the standards set out in the Company specification, Building Control, NHBC Standards, roads, drainage or other authority or manufacturers requirements. Ensure a high level of house-keeping and cleanliness is maintained at all times
- In conjunction with the Project/Site Manager ensure materials are ordered and delivered in time to suit the build programme. Ensure materials are stored and handled in such a way to prevent unnecessary waste and damage
- In the absence of the Project/Site Manager attend weekly site meetings with the sales consultant and attend customer demonstrations following without deviation the necessary procedure. Co-ordinate NHBC, Building Control, gas and electric certification, and where necessary deputise at the handover to customers on day of occupation
- Assist to ensure the timely rectification of all post-handover defects, within the agreed timescale, up to the point when the Building Manager passes the completed site to the Customer Care Department
- In the Project/Site Managers absence accompany all visitors from statutory bodies, HSE or other similar bodies where they visit site.
- Assist the Project/Site Manager in completing the build quality checklist as work proceeds
- Proven assistant level site and project experience in housebuilding – some flex to site management of other construction sector projects can be given
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Highly professional and efficient
- Excellent communication skills and attributes
- The chance to join a fast-growing company that is privately owned which looks after its staff.
- A company with very high levels of Health & Safety, which is customer focused on service and quality of what is built.
- A business that provides great training schemes, mentoring, support and benefits packages.
Please email us your CV if you have a relevant Assistant Site Manager background in housebuilding and/or the construction sector.