Head of Quality & Operations
1 day left
Global group, a specialist electrical products manufacturer with large SKU
Base salary £60,000 to £70,000 plus bonus, car and broad ranging benefits
The Client is a fully integrated subsidiary of a global multi-national manufacturing group which has a diverse mix of specialist manufacturing businesses. The subsidiary is a manufacturer of high quality products with multiple components that are manufactured on both a batch and project basis with significant bespoke elements, using a diverse range of raw materials and an extensive supply chain. The client is operating from a site with c500 employees, it has an excellent reputation for the innovation, quality and breadth of its products. It supplies a wide and demanding marketplace in which the requirements for world-class quality are ever present.
- This position will appeal to an ambitious, pro-active, lean manufacturing professional with a world-class background who is capable of further developing a continuous improvement and culture change programme.
- This broad-ranging role sits on the senior team and is accountable for the leadership of a highly experienced team of Quality Engineers, Technicians and Lean Professionals.
- The focus of the role is to lead and further develop the quality function whilst at the same time delivering significant improvements in operational performance through the use of lean/six sigma tools and techniques. It also incorporates significant customer facing commercial elements.
As the group is a significant world-leading business the career opportunities in the longer term are excellent and will be highly attractive to those seeking a long-term career in an international group
- A Change Agent with world class operations experience and ambitions for general management.
- The ideal candidate will be a graduate qualified engineer who can demonstrate a progressive career to date in a world-class manufacturing environment that embraces all elements of lean manufacturing, production engineering, operational and continuous improvement, senior operational management and quality leadership.
- Importantly you will see yourself as being en route to that of being a senior operations director and the prospects of this becoming a reality are very real
- Sector experience of specific interest to the client include Tier 1 automotive, white goods, oil and gas, safety products and manufacturers operating within highly regulated markets
- The culture is dynamic and forward thinking and you will need to have excellent presentation and communication skills, be comfortable working in a large group and have the gravitas and leadership qualities necessary for success in a role of this nature.
- The Client sees this as a significantly important role for a high-flyer who is en- route to reaching senior operations director status in their career, within the short to medium term and delivery of the KPIs associated with this role should ensure that this career objective is achieved.
Please forward in absolute confidence a full curriculum vitae, to Adderley Featherstone by clicking on the apply button and completing a short application.