Site Manager - 'Housebuilding'
Company & Requirement
Our client is a fast growth housebuilder company that is based in the southern Home Counties. Due to expansion and continued success there is the requirement to recruit an experienced Site Manager into the business. The individual will be based at one of the company’s sites in either Hampshire, Surrey or Kent.
Management of the day-to-day operation of the development site to meet the company production objectives relating to safety, quality, production, presentation and to provide a flow of information to enable the progress of site work to be monitored. To have an understanding of cost controls for sites under their supervision.
- Be fully conversant and comply with the procedures as set out for the Building Department. Regularly review all procedures to ensure they remain live and appropriate
- Prepare in conjunction with the Health and Safety Manager the Principal Contractor’s Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan and present this to the Building Manager. Review and update the Plan every two months or earlier if a significant change arises. Ensure a current traffic management plan is live and in use at all times. Prepare method statements and risk assessments for all work not covered by either the company generic assessments or by sub-contractor assessments. Ensure compliance with all the above. Induct as appropriate all operatives and visitors before allowing access to the site.
- Plan and organise the site in accordance with the constraints agreed to achieve optimum efficiency. Arrange temporary accommodation, welfare, services and facilities to provide a set up that complies with statutory requirements, company presentation requirements, build sequence and sales constraints. Produce and issue the main programme along with 12 week detailed short term programmes covering separately substructures, shells and finishings. These are to be issued to subcontractors and are to be kept live. Where appropriate copy to the Surveyor and Materials Buyer.
- Assist the Building Manager and Surveyor with subcontractor procurement. Attend all pre-order meetings.
- Ensure all workmanship and materials conforms to the quality standards of the; Company specification, Building Control, NHBC Standards, roads, drainage and authority or manufacturers requirements. Ensure materials are ordered and delivered to suit the agreed programme, that they are stored and handled in such a way to prevent unnecessary waste and damage. Ensure a high level of house-keeping and cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Proven site and project experience in housebuilding – some flex to site management of other construction sector projects can be given
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Highly professional and efficient
- Excellent communication skills and attributes
- The chance to join a fast-growing company that is privately owned which looks after its staff.
- A company with very high levels of Health & Safety, which is customer focused on service and quality of what is built.
- A business that provides great training schemes, mentoring, support and benefits packages .
Please email us your CV if you have a relevant Site Manager background in housebuilding and/or the construction sector.