Health & Safety Manager (Property/Construction)
Company & Requirement
Our client is a fast growth housebuilder sector company that is based in the Home Counties. Due to expansion and continued success there is the requirement to recruit an experienced Health & Safety Manager into the business. The individual will be office based but will have regular travel to the construction sites.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Understand all current and forthcoming H&S legislation plus Codes of Practice relevant to the sector – Recommend compliance changes where necessary to comply with H&S legislation/regulations
- Prepare H&S strategies and policy working where required – Liaise with the Company’s external safety consultants to promote continuing improvements
- Liaise with regulatory authorities to ensure the organisation is compliant with mandatory regulations – Undertake site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and provide advice where necessary
- Help management to monitor the compliance of sub-contractors with recommended action on risk assessments and method statements and other safety documents
- Advise on breaches with the requirements or perceived lack of competence, and assist in the taking of appropriate action on behalf of the company – Assist in the planning of practical and effective methods of working and recommend changes, promote health and safety and safe working practices
- Produce and run in-house H&S training with staff where relevant, advising and educating throughout the business at different levels – Ensure all incidents and accidents are logged – ensuring the company complies with the statutory obligations on reportable accidents, producing statistics for the Board when needed
- Undertake accident investigations on sites and produce subsequent reports and recommendations, keeping appropriate records
- Significant H&S experience within the built environment, ideally within housebuilding but other construction marketplaces could be suitable as well
- Strong H&S report writing skills and experience as well – Excellent communication skills, able to present at Board level
- Preferably a University degree within a relevant subject but relevant H&S qualifications and course experience is expected.
- The chance to Head up Health & Safety, hence plenty of seniority and autonomy.
- The chance to join a fast-growing company that is privately owned which looks after its staff.
- A company that has very high levels of Health & Safety already, which is customer focused.
- A business that provides great training schemes, mentoring, support and benefits packages.
Please email us your CV if you have a relevant Health & Safety background in housebuilding and/or the construction sector.