Interim Communications Specialist - DIT
DIT Interim Communications
DIT Internal Communications Manager (CS Equivalent G7)
As an integral member of the Internal Communications team, you will ensure our staff in the UK and across the world, in our overseas Posts, feel proud of the important work they are doing.
Reaching out to DIT staff worldwide, you will be entrusted with a broad array of high-profile internal communication projects supporting creative campaigns and staff engagement events.
Across a variety of communication channels, you will create and evaluate content, ensuring it is reaching the right employees and helping our teams feel connected and supported regardless of the country they are in.
Content creation will include copy writing and publishing material for digital (including social media) and corporate channels, creating info graphics, producing videos, news stories & photographs and scripts.
You will also be tasked with driving employee engagement through the organisation of face-to-face activities and securing great relationships with stakeholders across the department.
Support the creation and evaluation of compelling content and campaigns across all internal communication channels to help DIT become an outstanding organisation where people are proud to work, aligned with DIT’s internal communication and wider communication strategies.
- Develop and use audience insight to segment and target different audiences as part of a creative campaigns and planning process
- Provide communication advice to senior leaders and teams across DIT delivering high quality communication plans and strategies in a timely, appropriate and consistent manner
- Support employee engagement through the planning and organisation of face to face events and other channels to promote two-way engagement
- To develop an effective working relationship with partners across DIT, collaborating with key stakeholders and the wider internal communications team to engage staff in the UK and overseas with our departmental priorities
- Provide clear, professional internal communications advice and support the professionalisation of internal communications
Person Spec - Government Experience Desired
Excellent relationship manager
Strong planner. Adapt at multi-tasking
Great with copy / storytelling
Resilient and able to deliver at pace