We wish to recruit an experienced Operations Director to provide direction for our Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing, Transport and Customer Service teams for the UK office of a global company.
· OTE £100,000
· Car allowance
· PMI and other Benefits
LOCATION: Milton Keynes
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Milton Keynes, Northampton, Watford, Bedford Oxford
JOB SPECIFICATION: Operations Director
The purpose of this role is to lead, drive and be responsible for all aspects of operations focusing on providing the best possible service to our customers and ensuring that every possible action is taken to achieve our business plan and growth.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be a key member of the management team responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of the combined teams within operations.
· Contribute to the development and implementation of the organisation's strategy and business plan, and support the direct reporting managers in developing and implementing their department plans.
· Oversee the preparation of all operations departmental budgets and, in conjunction with departmental managers, and exercise strict cost control.
· Provide positive and professional leadership to all staff in the operations division, ensuring that all departments are well managed to support the UK business activities.
· Delegate appropriate responsibility for the provision of operations services whilst retaining overall accountability for the delivery of those services.
· Take overall responsibility for the delivery of operational results, both personally and through others, involving performance management, staff development and support.
· Ensure that all departments maintain appropriate KPIs and that these are regularly reviewed to ensure that they drive the desired behaviour.
· Complete general business, and technical projects including analysis and recommendations
· Monitor, maintain and improve service / product delivery to agreed standards
· Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with all internal / external stakeholders
· Promote and embed a culture of continuous improvement, project, quality and technical excellence to meet and exceed targets for customer satisfaction and market innovation
REQUIREMENTS: Operations Director
We are seeking a degree calibre candidate with the following essential skills / experience:
· Experience of overseeing all operations departments (warehousing / stock control, sales administration, logistics, supply chain, procurement, transport.
· Significant experience of managing an outsourced transport company and contracts
· An experienced people manager of managers and their teams (45+ people)
· Financial awareness (budgeting, monitoring, planning and reporting).
· Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft packages and SAP.
· Significant experience dealing with external suppliers and negotiating contracts.
· Ideally some import/export knowledge
· Ideally CIPS qualified with experience in running all aspects of Supply Chain.
· Able and willing to change the status quo and effectively and positively champion change.
Key personal qualities and attributes include:
· Inspirational. Strategic. Collaborative. Pragmatic - ability to switch from strategic thinker to implementer with a focus on the future.
· Diplomatic and challenging when required with the gravitas and experience to lead a team to effectively adapt quickly to the business' needs and challenges.
· A quality and results led approach to all you do.
You could have experience of any market sector or product group within Warehousing, Supply Chain, 3PL, Customer Services and Operations but it must be at senior and strategic level. We are looking for an individual who will lead from the top; is positive and who inspires others and has the confidence and experience to lead their teams to achieve their very best and help them to adapt quicker to market needs and conditions.
Interested? Please email an up to date CV to our retained consultant Ian Lyons quoting Operations Director and reference IL15317 to Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. www.wallacehind.com Tel: . Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.