Interim Head of Internal Audit
Our client is a large Consumer business with significant international operations.
An Interim opportunity is presented for circa 6 months.
As Interim Head of Internal Audit, key responsibilities include:
- Leading and managing the internal audit activities globally
- Working with the Finance Director on ad hoc projects
- Providing assurance and insight on financial control
- Ensuring risk management principles are a fundamental part of business systems
- Investigating issues of financial control breakdown
- Building a thorough understanding of the key business drivers
- Challenging risk management processes
- Supporting the group's anti-bribery and corruption programme
The successful candidate will have the following profile:
- An exceptional and highly experienced qualified accountant, preferably with “big four” audit firm experience.
- Since qualifying, have held a number of finance roles achieving career advancement, and be in a senior audit position in the profession or within a multi-national organisation
- Familiar with the practical application and implementation of current auditing practices and International Accounting Standards
- Have considerable experience of managing by example a competent and motivated team
- Experience of managing teams in different countries
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is desirable
- Experience of working within a multi-site international operation