Interim Director for Acquisitions
Our client is a global professional services business with operations in 40 countries.
Description The group has significant growth ambitions with an investment strategy to grow ebitda through acquisition over the next 36 months. The rationale for acquisitions is largely focused on acquiring companies and key talent that aligns with it's culture and values and which give it access to, and provides critical mass, in key markets where they believe growth is strongest. Such markets may be defined on the basis of geographic, key sector/client and/or service growth opportunities and any acquisition will most likely include at least two of these attributes to ensure that they maximise the value from the resources employed in making such acquisitions.
As a result, this has created the need to recruit a first class individual to manage this process. The Director of Acquisitions is responsible for developing (with the input of the Executive Committee and approval of the Board) and leading the execution of the acquisition strategy to the Group Finance Director. Members of the Executive Committee (in particular the CEO, COO and Global Commercial Director) will provide regular input on markets and targets and there will be frequent interactions with the institutional investors.
The key responsibilities will include:
Review of the M&A Strategy on an annual basis, with the Executive Committee and Board
- Transaction origination including building a robust pipeline that aligns to the strategy and the firm’s ambition Creating and nurturing relationships with the key targets so that the group is positioned to negotiate a bi-lateral agreement with those targets that are of greatest interest
- Developing the investment case for the Board (and/or a sub-set of the Board) to consider each potential transaction including interaction investors
- Management of the execution of transactions, including working with third party advisors during the due diligence process through to the successful negotiation of the Sale & Purchase Agreement (and ancillary agreements)
- Preparation and planning for the Integration program in the lead up to and immediately after the completion of transactions
- Representing the group at industry events in a manner that promotes the brand of the company and supports the ongoing development of the transaction pipeline
- Building strong relationships with advisors and banks, such that the group is made aware of key opportunities at the early stages Skills Key to this role is not just the core technical M&A skills, but absolutely imperative is emotional intelligence.
The business has an extremely collaborative culture, their acquisition targets maybe owner managed businesses as well as larger, more corporate groups, and the Director of Acquisitions must have the ability to communicate and build rapport across the spectrum. International deal experience would be advantageous, as would any experience of working in a Private Equity structure.
Interested parties should click , quoting reference MR50157 for a confidential conversation.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/