Chief Executive Officer (M/F)
The Bank Assets Management Company (“BAMC”) is a company fully owned by the state, whose core business is to implement measures to strengthen the stability of the banks, manage assets and liabilities acquired in the context of implementation of measures to strengthen the stability of the banks, and performing corporate restructuring in companies of which BAMC is a creditor or shareholder.
Your responsibilities will explicitly include:
- Managing company affairs in accordance with the Articles of Association, the law and the guidelines provided by the owner and company bodies,
- Lead and motivate the organization to increase employee engagement and to develop a high performing managerial team,
- To implement and ensure the alignment of the set BAMC strategies with short-term and long-term objectives,
- Managing and motivating employees in order increase their work motivation, and developing a highly-qualified management team,
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission of BAMC,
- Make high-quality decisions to run successfully the business and achieve yearly goals,
- Ensuring observance of Slovenia’s regulatory framework, legality of BAMC’s operations, and observance of the standards of professional ethics,
- Build trust relations with internal and external stakeholders and act as a point of contact for them and for the public,
- Analyze problematic situations and provide solutions to ensure BAMC's balance and credibility.
In addition to the general requirements stipulated in the Employment Relationships Act - ZDR (Official Gazette of the RS no. 21/13, as amended) and the requirements stipulated in the Companies Act (Official Gazette of the RS no, 65/09, as amended), candidates must also meet the requirements and criteria stipulated in the Act Defining the Measures of the Republic of Slovenia to Strengthen Bank Stability (Official Gazette of the RS, no. 105/12, as amended; “ZUKSB”), as well as the following:
- University-level education or education obtained in a second-level study programme pursuant to the act regulating higher education,
- Expert in the area of banking, finance or corporate law with extensive experience in the area of management or supervision of companies,
- Is not under sentence for a criminal offence prosecuted ex officio or under final indictment for a criminal offence prosecuted ex officio,
- The candidate is not a shareholder in a bank or SPV subject to the measures under the Act Defining the Measures of the Republic of Slovenia to Strengthen Bank Stability,
- Active knowledge of English.
The candidate must have high ethical and professional standards and corporate governance standards. Advantage will be given to candidates with:
- Strong leadership and organizational competences and experience.
- Skills, qualifications and experience in managing the affairs and activities in a comparable business environment:
- Investment banking,
- NPL management,
- Corporate restructuring and/or
- International financial market operations.
Applications should include:
- A short resume in Slovenian and English language,
- Proof of meeting the stated requirements,
- A declaration attesting to the fulfilment of the requirements, and consent to processing personal data, on the form provided by the company at http://www.dutb.eu/en/employment.aspx and
- The candidate’s perspective on the implementation of BAMC’s strategy and guidelines, based on publicly available data (http://www.dutb.eu/en/croporate_documents.aspx, four pages maximum (based on the Guidance on the operation of the Bank Assets Management Company - BAMC Operational Guidelines, as laid down by the Government of the Republic of Slovenia on 14 December 2018, available on the BAMC website).
The call for applications and additional information available at the company website: http://www.dutb.eu/en/employment.aspx
The CEO salary (as well as the salaries of other members of the board of directors) are defined in the applicable Remuneration Policy, as adopted by the Government of the Republic of Slovenia on 9 June 2016, available at the company’s website and headquarters, http://www.dutb.eu/Site%20Documents/Remuneration_policy_BAMC.pdf.
In 2018, the CEO's salary amounted to €15,865 gross/month + €€2,000 /month as a target achievement bonus.
BAMC’s non-executive directors will appoint the CEO upon the proposal of the Nomination Committee and interview the most suitable candidates based on their personal judgment. We reserve the right not to invite any candidate to the interview, as well as the right not to sign a contract with any of the candidates.
A full-time employment contract will be signed with the selected candidate for a five-year mandate, or for a mandate until BAMC’s liquidation, should the latter come first. By virtue of their appointment as CEO, the candidate will automatically be appointed member of the board of directors of BAMC.
We will consider all applications with resumes in Slovenian and English and proof of meeting the requirements stipulated above, received up until 17 February 2019 at the latest, sent via e-mail (by clicking on Apply) to our contract partner supporting the selection process, Alexander Hughes d.o.o., with the note: “Call for Applications - CEO of Bank Asset Management Company, d. d.”
Applications will be treated as confidential. Non-selected applicants will be notified within five business days following appointment of the CEO of the Bank Assets Management Company (Družba za upravljanje terjatev bank, d. d.).