Interim Financial Controller
Partner Financial are working with a fast-growing business to place a Financial Controller for a 6-month initial Interim contract. This opportunity supervises the client’s rapidly developing small business portfolio, and the Finance Director is looking to recruit an Interim Financial Controller for broad support.
This role is intended to provide comprehensive financial and management reporting across many areas, including the following: monthly and year-end reporting, budgeting, forecasting, performance management, and business case preparation. The successful candidate must be a highly commercial individual, with ambition, analytical acumen, and the gravitas to lead and contribute meaningfully to the business.
- Development and production of monthly reporting packs for the Executive Team
- Support the Finance Director to ensure that the actual financial and operational results of the business unit are provided – together with a concise, action orientated, business focused commentary – on an accurate and timely basis
- Lead the budget process for the business unit and take a lead role in ensuring that the business unit has a high-quality budget in place; one that reflects all relevant material issues and business plans, and is consistent with the results required by the Group, delivering those results
- Support the FD to proactively and reactively provide financial and operational analysis on an ad hoc basis
- Working closely with Group finance to ensure that the Group accounting, transaction processing, and billing capabilities are appropriate for the needs of the business unit.
- Supporting on banking, treasury-related, and tax requirements
- Working closely with the shared service centre and ensuring a good long-distance relationship
- Assist with managing the year-end process and auditor liaison
- Develop and mentor a best in class finance team
The successful candidate will have:
- Professional accounting qualification
- Demonstrable experience in accounting and financial reporting
- Recent experience in as a Senior Finance Manager / Financial Controller in a technology or property-focused business dealing with high value contracts
- Broad financial management skill set gained in an SME environment is highly desirable
- Strong people skills, confident and comfortable at engaging collaboratively in an intellectual and multinational environment at all levels
- A dynamic work ethic and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for excellence and innovation
- Have a strong command of core best practice financial accounting standards, policies, processes and systems
- Experience with remote team management is desirable, but non-essential
Interested candidates should send their CV to Neil French, who will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within 48 hours of application receipt to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from him within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.