Head of Joint Commissioning for Mental Health and Wellbeing
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Head of Joint Commissioning for Mental Health and Wellbeing to join our clients offices based in Southwark on a contract basis for 6 months with possibility of extension.
The main purpose of this role is to lead the mental health team in:
- Delivering the recently agreed mental health strategy with the Council
- Managing the contract with South London and Maudsley MH Trust and developing commissioning intentions
- Developing the local population based commissioning for outcomes approach (Bridges to Health and wellbeing)
- Supporting providers in their integration initiatives (Partnership Southwark, Local Care Networks)
- Planning in line with NHS Long Term Plan
- Implementing any restructure of the team
- Maintaining good people management and morale
To be succesful for the role of Head of Joint Commissioning, you will need:
- An understanding of existing and pending legislation, guidance, mandatory requirements and financial challenges facing local government and health organisations, specifically issues relating to wellbeing and mental health.
- An understanding of the relevant constraints, risks and trends affecting services for wellbeing and mental health and an awareness of how they affect the development and delivery of programmes.
- Knowledge of the principles and implications of the policy context within which local government and the NHS is working, including the NHS Five Year Forward View and new models of care, the Sustainability and Transformation Plan agenda, the Five Year Forward View for Mental Health, the Care Act 2014, the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended 2007), No Health without Mental Health, the Care Quality Commission regulatory framework and other safeguarding and inspection requirements.
Your working hours will be: Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 18:00.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85064804